1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.0.1.501] [Switch ver.] Encampments containing units can't ranged strike

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Nintendo Switch' started by HORTICULTIST, May 29, 2020.

1. HORTICULTIST

HORTICULTIST Chieftain

Without a cursor to click the red ranged strike icon, cities and encampments must be selected first to navigate to ranged strike the left stick, as far as I'm aware.

The problem is that when encampments are occupied, the occupying unit is selected as priority, and on selecting the switch unit icon, the unit is deselected and the encampment is not selected, nothing is.

I've not found this problem with cities, only encampments, and it's so far consistent from two playthroughs, so I'm assuming it's universal. If it turns out to be circumstancial then I'll update here, or if I'm mistaken about some mechanic or UI feature, please let me know.

Keep up the good work~

2. fantsu

fantsu Prince

I think you can cycle between units and encampment with d-pad up/down? Can you ranged strike with a unit if you select it from the left stick button drop down menu?

3. doolar

doolar Chieftain

I have the same issue! Really annoying.

4. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

5. topsecret

topsecret Believer

I think he was saying the bug on the Switch is that you cannot select your own encampment if it has a unit on it. I haven't had an encampment with a unit on it since seeing this, but I was going to test to see if it happened to me as well.

6. Browd

Browd Dilettante Administrator

Ah, got it.

topsecret likes this.
  7. Linklite

Linklite Prince

I've had a problem with doing everything you normally need tomorrow get an encampment to fire, then when you click on the enemy nothing happens. Really strange. It was only the one enemy even close to the encampment and it had the red circle around the enemy unit, but it just wouldn't fire.

8. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

I noticed that the encampment doesn't shoot when there's a unit in the encampment. If you move the unit out the encampment and leave it by itself, it'll shoot.

9. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

did you report it? if you did hopefully it will get fixed in upcoming June patch

10. Takle

Takle Chieftain

I have the same problem. In my case, the game would notify me when there’s an enemy unit within ranged attack distance of a city center, but it would not give me the same notification for an enemy near an encampment (is this also bug?). So, I thought I could work around this by putting an archer in the encampment in Alert mode only to find out that when an enemy approached, my archer in the encampment can range strike but the encampment itself can’t.

11. reddishrecue

reddishrecue Deity

If it was reported then that would be even better. No one would like to take out units out of encampments sometimes.

12. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

I would open a ticket with 2K and report it. The more people that report the better.

13. Kupe Navigator

Kupe Navigator Prince

PLEASE DO! I feel like I am the only one who reports to 2k about issues with Switch port.

14. DeeDoubleYouTee

DeeDoubleYouTee Chieftain

Hi guys!

So I am currently experiencing a bug that won’t allow me to use the ranged attack on any encampment districts across many save games on my switch.

The districts are occupied by ranged unit with whom I can use RA but when I got to select the district (which even shows the RA icon) nothing is selected and the cursor disappears.

Districts are at full health with walls and no matter what I try it just will not function.

Surely I cannot be the only one with this issue as it hasn’t been a problem until recently.

Many thanks in advance!

Moderator Action: Merged with existing thread — Browd

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 23, 2020
  15. dexters

dexters Gods & Emperors Supporter

Patch 1.2.4 is out, check to see if it's fixed.

16. Takle

Takle Chieftain

As of the June 2020 update, I no longer see this issue — I was able to use ranged attack with a unit occupying an encampment and then use ranged attack with the encampment itself.