[NFP] [1.0.10.15] [Barbarians Mode] Converted City State Negative Defence (FIXED)

blackbutterfly

Emperor
In first screen grab the CS city defence is -3. Then -7. They were super easy to destroy. Is that intentional?
20210310083925_1.jpg
20210310092740_1.jpg

Sorry I forgot to save game. I will the next time I encounter this. The is on mod/map Scrambled Australia.

Isn't City Strength based on the strongest unit you have built so far?
If this applies to CS then it should get changed - it is far too easy to kill them otherwise, as you have shown

I runned into this several times and was now able to record such a transformation of a barb clan into a city state with negative strength:
Spoiler :

NegativeCS1.jpg

NegativeCS2.jpg

To reproduce with the attached save, end turn. You might force another turn end to see that this persists and even if you take the opportunity to become suzerain of Venice, this will not change their city strength. Over time, the strength will climb though, as you can see here another turn later (notice that it has rised to -1):
Spoiler :

NegativeCS3.jpg

I'm not sure how the game calculates the strength of a city state (best unit like for civs? And/or overall tech level of the civs?), but I supect that something goes wrong with the math in the moment of transformation (maybe the units inherited from the "clan time" are not factored in?)

Attachments

• 1.0.11.16EvolvedCSNegativeCitySt.Civ6Save
    2.1 MB · Views: 58
Top Bottom