[NFP] [1.0.10.15] Culture Industry 999+ production on specialty districts [solved by Leader Pass update Dec 15 2022]

Naeshar

Prince
Modes: Barbarian clans, Dramatic Ages, Tech/Civic Shuffle. No custom mods.

Issue: On Era end while having slotted Culture Industry all current cities get 100% production decrease towards specialty districts.
20210228003247_1.jpg

Policy works well (didnt test https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...icy-25-towards-non-specialty-district.664204/ as the file seems to be the same).
Slotting the policy out does not help, on next era I reached dark age, but the modifier remains on all current cities. Not on (re)captured cities - those have normal production on all districts.

Savegames: KRISTINA 232 contains the occurence of the bug, a few turns after the era change. Added my previous/next savegame, but there are many turns apart, currently. I will have to replay it.

UPDATE: DECEMBER 15, 2022 UPDATE NOTES:
Corrected an issue that some players reported where the "Culture Industry" policy card that was causing the production of specialty districts appear to take 999+ turns to complete in the Dramatic Ages game mode
The issue should be corrected now, almost two years after introducing, please see last posts for confirmation.

Attachments

• KRISTINA 273 1804 AD.Civ6Save
    2 MB · Views: 199
  • KRISTINA 232 1605 AD.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 120
  • KRISTINA 196 1350 AD.Civ6Save
    1.7 MB · Views: 145
Last edited:
Similar bug here, slightly different circumstances.

I also have dramatic ages on and was running Culture Industry during an industrial era golden age. When I switched to Fascism (see District Bug Cvi6Save - saved right before changing governments), I suddenly wasn't able to build specialty districts. After playing around with an earlier save (AutoSave_0267) I see that the same thing happens just by switching policies, even if I don't switch out Culture Industry.

Not a game-breaker for me, but my last manual save was from thirty turns earlier - I guess the solution to the issue for now is not to use Culture Industry until this is patched. Ugh.

Edit: Also, just curious. Has anyone run Culture Industry since the February 2021 patch and not experienced this bug? I have a feeling that the policy is borked for everyone at the moment.

Attachments

• District Bug.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 104
  • AutoSave_0267.Civ6Save
    1.6 MB · Views: 99
Last edited:
I recently encountered the same bug. After the age change from Industrial to the Modern era while having Culture Industry slotted, all my specialty district production (and repair) times went to 999+ Unfortunately I don't have the autosave from before it happened because I pushed through to a culture victory despite the bug. But here's the oldest save I have from that game after encountering the bug.

Settings:
Single player
Expansions: R&F, GS, NFP
Game Modes: Dramatic Ages, Tech Shuffle, Monopolies & Corps, Apocalypse, Barbarian Clans
Map: Inland Sea, Small
Game Speed: Quick

Attachments

• AutoSave_0177.Civ6Save
    2.2 MB · Views: 105
I am running Culture Industry in Industrial Era and all specialty districts seem to have a -75% penalty, and non-specialty bonus of +75%.
Next turn, all district became 999+ turns, despite slotting it out. Except harbors which have +30% from veterancy.
So yes, complete game breaker for this specific game as the oldest save I had already had the policy slotted (but at that moment the penalty was so small (25% it seems) I did not notice).

I noticed the increased production cost too. The turn before I switched policies and the bug hit, I saw that a commercial hub was going to take over 40 turns to complete. It wasn't a super productive city, but that seemed excessive.

I guess I'll just avoid that card entirely in my next game. Hopefully this gets patched on the next round. I sent in a bug report to the official site but just got a boilerplate response (ie. "Try reinstalling the game, run these system diagnostics, make sure Windows is up to date blah blah blah")

Yup. I'm getting this too. +999 turns for districts in the late game with Dramatic Ages mode. (I took a screenshot on my other PC. I'll try and upload it here tomorrow.)

Whoops I posted on the other thread, I'll just copy my message here:

I'm still seeing the bug and I'm running the Feb update. Playing as Catherine de Medici in the Dramatic Ages mode and pretty sure I slotted the Culture Policy. All my districts in all my cities show 999+ production time. Can I fix it by removing the policy? And then maybe deleting all the districts from the queue?

Also, what IS a non-specialty district? Can someone give an example?

Hi roesmoker, as far as I know, there's no fixing the bug once it "activates" - switching policies out won't fix anything. I had to go back to a manual save from thirty turns earlier and just avoid the Culture Industry policy.

Non-specialty districts are any district that doesn't require a set amount of population to build (basically, infrastructure districts). So, aqueducts, dams, canals, and neighbourhoods.

Hey Frolk,

What I noticed as I continued playing was that new cities (either founded by me or free cities pressured by my culture until they asked to join) did not suffer the issue. I managed to eke out a culture win despite the bug, but I sure hope it gets fixed soon! Maybe in the next patch?

Thanks for the info about non-specialty districts.

I got the same bug but with caveat. New city on different continent could build specialty district as usual.

I just played my first game since the Barbarians Mode update with Dramatic Ages and experienced this bug and it seems like it's a bug with the Culture Industry policy. Instead of constructing non-specialty districts at 125% production (+25% from Culture Industry) they were being constructed at 25% production. Non-specialty districts were being constructed at 175% production. I also noticed specialty districts were taking 999+ turns after they were supposedly complete, so after accumulating 300/300 production it would show 999+ turns to complete instead of completing the district.

Byzantium and Gaul Pack
[*] Fixed an issue where the Culture Industry Golden Policy card would provide +25% Production to specialty districts when it should only apply to non-specialty districts.

I'm mildly impressed this attempted fix has resulted in something so broken.

Welp, I forgot about the bug and triggered it again, haha :lol::blush:! Three new things I have to report:

1) You can work around it by using Hercules' Complete Friendly District charge (I forget what it's actually called and am too lazy to look it up) - he can still finish the district;
2) Once a completed district (built before the bug hit or completed with Herc) has been pillaged, it cannot be repaired due to the bug (and Hercules can't do the repair bc that's not his ability :cry:); and
3) Specialty districts that were newly earned AFTER the bug was triggered (e.g. Spaceport) are not affected by the bug.

Good to know. In the case of the spaceport, that actually doesn't count as a specialty district, so I'm not sure if it would have been affected by the bug anyway. Though I'd be curious if aerodromes are affected since they are specialty districts and they unlock sometime after the bug first appears (renaissance/industrial era)

OK yeah, Aerodromes definitely affected.

(Tried to resume my game and first the game quit with a big ol' error message, then I did like 3 things and won again :lol::lol::lol: - I guess the "resume" feature only picks up from the last autosave, which is a few moves behind where I actually was when I won last time - anyway, 'twas hilarious)

Thanks for checking! Hopefully the next big patch fixes things because I really like that policy card and I hate not being able to use it.

Top Bottom