[1.0.11.16 (556634)] Game options revert to default

Vanaleth

Chieftain
Hi everyone,

I'm completely puzzled. Since I played a multiplayer game with my friends Tuesday, my options reverted back to default (quick combat, quick movement, disabling the advisor) and everytime I try to change them back, the game won't let me. I change the options and then press Confirm, but the advisor is still here and the movements are still showing. I tried disabling the mods (mostly graphical, UI mods and Multiplayer Helper), then unsubscribing from the mods and reinstalling the game. I even tried to launch the game in Vanilla. I changed the permissions to the Documents folder, ran the game as administrator, nothing worked.

I just have no idea why this is happening, please help. I'm grateful for the answers.

I noticed there is no UserOptions.txt in the Documents folder, because some posts I saw were advising to manually change the options there, but they were from 2016, so maybe there is no UserOptions.txt file anymore?

I also just noticed that the yields are not showing if I start a new game and that I pressed Y (to show them) in the previous game

Have you tried verifying the integrity of your game files in Steam?
I noticed there is no UserOptions.txt in the Documents folder, because some posts I saw were advising to manually change the options there, but they were from 2016, so maybe there is no UserOptions.txt file anymore?
You should still have that file at "..\User Files\Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization VI\UserOptions.txt"

Well, this is awkward. I began a new game of civ just to scratch my itch, despite the animations and UI not being optimal, and also this advisor commenting my every move. I finished it and now it's fine. I can change everything and it stays that way. I have no idea why it would not allow me to change my options before, and now that I've finished one game, it's fixed. The UserOptions.txt finally appeared.

I guess the computer elves fixed it.

[Edit: fingers missed a key]

Last edited:
Top Bottom