1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice

1.0.12.9 - Suzerain attacking it's own City State?

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by nzcamel, May 22, 2021.

1. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

It would appear that Mali is attacking Fez, a CS it has suzerainty over. Certainly troops are moving in to Fez's territory, suggesting it may not just be a buggy notification. Has anyone seen this before?
    Save attached.

Mali Suzerain of Fez.PNG

Mali attacking Fez 3.png

Attached Files:

2. ReubenBeeler

ReubenBeeler Chieftain

Notice in the 'Relationships:' section of the city-state banner for Fez that Mali is not actually at war (Mansa Musa doesn't have the war symbol at the bottom right of his icon). The gossip tab in the leaders page mentions that Mali is 'beginning' an attack on Fez, but not actually attacking. I imagine this is because he has military units within Fez's borders, which is allowed since he is suzerain. In fact, the first time a leader warns you about having nearby units is when you have two or more military units within one (or two, I don't remember) tiles of their border. I assume the gossip with Mali is notifying you of Fez's concern for that reason, and that Mansa Musa is not actually planning war against Fez. I am curious though if the gossip tab includes future plans that are generated by the AI, so please reply whether or not he attacked Fez in the following turns.

nzcamel likes this.
  3. nzcamel

nzcamel Nahtanoj the Magnificent

It was a while ago, so I'm not 100% sure; but I'm pretty sure he didn't.