[NFP] [1.0.2.39(505793)] Reworked ethic work belief does not work after repairing a Lavra?!

I was just thinking that when the HS is repaired the check for religion is not being executed properly so the modifier is not being reattached, whereas when changing religion it does. As far as pressure, idk for sure, but it will still exert some pressure from having a majority religion, holy city, trade routes, etc. Whether it still exerts the additional HS pressure, someone else might know for sure.

I was just thinking that when the HS is repaired the check for religion is not being executed properly so the modifier is not being reattached, whereas when changing religion it does. As far as pressure, idk for sure, but it will still exert some pressure from having a majority religion, holy city, trade routes, etc. Whether it still exerts the additional HS pressure, someone else might know for sure.
I wonder because if the Holy Site additional pressure stops working, I believe Jerusalem bonus would stop working as well

Just piling on that I've gotten it too. A Dust Storm wiped out 2/4 Holy Sites (one of which my capital), both got repaired and lost their production bonus. Now my game as Sulieman is pretty much borked as I bet it's only a matter of time before another dust storm wipes out the ones that are working. It's too bad - I had an awesome start too.

Just piling on that I've gotten it too. A Dust Storm wiped out 2/4 Holy Sites (one of which my capital), both got repaired and lost their production bonus. Now my game as Sulieman is pretty much borked as I bet it's only a matter of time before another dust storm wipes out the ones that are working. It's too bad - I had an awesome start too.
Yeah, I think this bug hit everyone. I reloaded a autosave from a couple of turns back because a barbarian entered from the tundra and started pillage my holy site. It’s couldn’t let that ruin my game.

I really hope the devs have a fix ready when Ethiopia DLC is released.

Yeah, I think this bug hit everyone. I reloaded a autosave from a couple of turns back because a barbarian entered from the tundra and started pillage my holy site. It’s couldn’t let that ruin my game.

I really hope the devs have a fix ready when Ethiopia DLC is released.

Nope.
It is still there, and still killing the whole point of 'Work Ethic'.

Still hitting this - is the workaround to get your city re-converted to your religion? What about reloading the game?

Still hitting this - is the workaround to get your city re-converted to your religion? What about reloading the game?
Not possible - it never converted to another religion to begin with - but I like the thought process.

So this may or may not be fixed with the August update, but it seems unlikely. From the 8/26 livestream:
FiraxisGames said:
we are still working on it. we are testing a fix to be sure it's working as expected. we don't want to rush the fix out.

Last edited:
So it looks like until FXS corrects this, there's a temp mod fix in the workshop: Work Ethic Bug Fix Mod

Quoting myself from the thread here on CFC on what this mod changes to make Work Ethic function correctly:
The mod basically changes the CollectionType from "COLLECTION_OWNER" to "COLLECTION_CITY_DISTRICTS" and the RequirementType from "REQUIREMENT_DISTRICT_TYPE_MATCHES" to "REQUIREMENT_PLOT_DISTRICT_TYPE_MATCHES".

I've tested it both as is and with my own simplifications and it appears to function correctly.

Just as further verification from the patch notes today:
  • Fixed an issue with the Work Ethic Follower Belief where bonuses to districts were not being re-applied after a pillaged district was repaired.
Ah - but does it actually work?
There is a YT video from Saxy Gamer showing that this is not the case....and that it is still broken.

Ah - but does it actually work?
There is a YT video from Saxy Gamer showing that this is not the case....and that it is still broken.
Yeah, I saw that yesterday. However, it was shown that the city where he repaired the HS was not following his religion so Work Ethic wouldn't work anyways.

Still broken... (GS, no NFP, no mods)

As expected, only happens to repaired Holy Sites. Maybe Lavra causes a problem when enemy holy sites are captured?

Attachments

• PETER 236 1625 AD.Civ6Save
    2.3 MB · Views: 32
Playing a Spain conquest game right now and I saw that some (not all) cities I conquered suffered from the bug. I did some testing and it turns out those cities were the ones where I didn't bother pillaging the holy site. I also tested conquering a city with an unpillaged holy site and only then converting to my religion : it didn't attach work ethic either.

So I guess the fix was to reattach work ethic when repairing a holy site if the city is from the correct religion, which is not enough to completely erase the bug. Since I had religious colonization, I couldn't (easily) test what happened if I built a holy site in one of my own cities BEFORE converting but I guess it wouldn't work either.

City where I had to repair :

City where I didn't have to repair :

You can see on the second screenshot both have my religion (Russia's religion is still in St Petersburg).

(NFP) Work ethic still not working in some captured enemy cities following my religion. Might be the ones with HSs I pillaged, not sure

Someone please tell me (Civopedia inaccessible right now) if the 'Work Ethic' applies solely to the Adjacency of the Holy Site, yes?
Buildings make no extra difference in theory?

Top Bottom