[NFP] [1.0.3.31] AIs wasting GpT in gifts for soon ending disaster relief competions

Pfeffersack

Deity
Initial 1.0.1.501 report

The disaster relief emergency with me as target is soon ending and I already drown in cash from GpT gifts of the AIs...
Spoiler :

DisasterAidCompetitionAboutToEnd.jpg

...but even with only 6 turns left, more is pouring in:
Spoiler :

GiftMayaAI.jpg

GiftGreatColumbiaAI.jpg

...I could post 3 or 4 more of those, but I think you get the idea.

Note that all of these AIs would be comfortably able to give 30 or 40 Gold as lump sum. It is hard to understand why they are so fond of GpT-gifting, which inevitably means wasting a lot of Gold (unless done at the very beginning of the competition).

To reproduce with the attached save:

Load, pay attention to when the disaster aid for me ends and whyt I'm already receiving. End turn and see that I get even more.

Attachments

• 1.0.1.501AIWastesGpTDisasterAid.Civ6Save
    4.6 MB · Views: 39
Last edited:
Well, there is also a bug here as well in terms of how much gold you are actually receiving in receiving aid.

In one of my games (somewhat heavily modded), I was noticing that when I received aid from the AI as GPT, it was depositing a lot of gold into my balance multiple times while the AI turns were going. Thinking this was a mod issue, I decided to test this and run with no mods (other than AI autoplay mod). Here is an example.

Then while the AI is taking it's turn, I get an increase in gold equivalent to my + amount of gold.

Then when it is my turn, I get a second increase in gold equivalent to my + amount of gold.

On the game where I originally noticed this, I had 16 civilizations playing, so about every 4th or 5th AI persona, I got an increase in gold equivalent to my + amount of gold -- became gold rich very quickly.

I guess to combat this bug at the moment, the only solution is really to just not allow myself to accept aid.

As @Aurelesk pointed out in your main thread, this is likely the AI finishing the "help project" - the target civ receives Gold for this (this wasn't the case when Gathering Storm was release, but soon changed in one of the patches afterwards)

v1.0.3.31

This still occurs - you can see that the aid competition to help me ends this turn (or has even ended? I believe the display is wrong here...)
Spoiler :

CompetitionAlmostEnded.jpg

...but still the AIs are gifting GpT in the interturn...
Spoiler :

L6SGpT.jpg

CleopatraGiftsGpT.jpg

I took the time to calculate what all of them wasted that way (so including those who gifted GpT past the 1st turn of the competition, causing partial waste):

Spoiler :

AIsWasteMoreThen3400GoldInFruitlessGpT.jpg

… more than 3400 Gold in total!

To reproduce with the attached save:

Check progress of the aid competetion with me as target player, then end the turn, receive GpT gifts from L6S and Cleopatra

Attachments

• 1.0.3.31AIsWasteGpTAidCompet.Civ6Save
    4.7 MB · Views: 24
I believe GPT gives the full total for the aid competitions. So not a bug.

Yes and no...I tested this myself with a soon-ending competition: Yes, it seems that if you gift GPT, you get a one-time point increase only (and not each turn). And the point increase you get is a multiple of the GPT sum...however, this factor does seem to be simply the remaining turns of the competition. When I gifted 100 GpT at the point the remaining time was displayed with 4 rounds, I got a one time point increase of 500. When gifting the same GpT sum a turn later, this one time point gain reduced to 400. So that the gain of GpT is added immediately does not mean that late GpT gifts have the same value and you still waste Gold that way.

Yes and no...I tested this myself with a soon-ending competition: Yes, it seems that if you gift GPT, you get a one-time point increase only (and not each turn). And the point increase you get is a multiple of the GPT sum...however, this factor does seem to be simply the remaining turns of the competition. When I gifted 100 GpT at the point the remaining time was displayed with 4 rounds, I got a one time point increase of 500. When gifting the same GpT sum a turn later, this one time point gain reduced to 400. So that the gain of GpT is added immediately does not mean that late GpT gifts have the same value and you still waste Gold that way.

Ah. Nice work. They need to change it to lump sums, then.

Top Bottom