[Vanilla] [1.0.3.31] Faith purchases working in some cities, not others

Moginheden

Chieftain
I saw a similar bug report, but that one seemed to be an all-or nothing problem whereas I'm getting it in some cities and not others. Also the fix that was recommended in that thread requires the Steam version of the game. I'm running the Epic Games version of the game so I can't enter the code to unlock the legacy version.

I have founded a religion with Jesuit Education. This religion is in all except 1 of my cities. My government is Theocracy.

In theory I should be able to buy the following using faith:
  • religious units in any city I have a shrine/temple
  • district buildings in any city I have a campus/theater square
  • military units in every single city.

In practice the district buildings don't show up in any city, and the military units show up in 2 of my 17 cities, (one without my faith in it, and one that is occupied. I'm not sure if these things matter.)

Spoiler :
My religion:
upload_2020-7-28_22-42-51.png

My government:
upload_2020-7-28_22-43-11.png

Berlin: Has shrine and temple, can make religious units... but not military ones. (Doesn't have a campus or theater square so it shouldn't be able to buy buildings.)
upload_2020-7-28_22-39-50.png

Nippur Has no districts, but should still be able to make land units... can't
upload_2020-7-28_22-38-19.png

Ulm: No districts just like Nippur... yet can make military units.
upload_2020-7-28_22-38-0.png

Adab: Has Campus, yet can't buy library with faith
upload_2020-7-28_22-41-0.png

Adab can buy a library with gold though:
upload_2020-7-28_22-41-54.png

Attachments

• upload_2020-7-28_22-37-56.png
    upload_2020-7-28_22-37-56.png
    3.3 MB · Views: 71
  • GILGAMESH 442 705 AD geting atck.Civ6Save
    1.8 MB · Views: 22
Last edited by a moderator:
I finished my war with the Germans. The city being occupied does not matter, however the city being new-to-me does seem to. (Note, not new to the game, some of the now-working cities were settled way before this bug came up, but they were owned by a German deity computer player before the war.) Cities I settle going forward and cities I took over from the Germans all seem to work properly for being able to buy religious and military land units. (I haven't got any empty theater squares or campuses to test that part yet.)

Is there any way to reset all of my other cities? If this was a multi-player game I could try trading everything to another player and having them trade it all back... but this is a single-player game.

It was started on July 16th, 2020. I have no idea when the patch came out on the Epic Games Launcher.

Top Bottom