[1.0.3.80] Negative diplo modifier when buying a CS with a MoV

Pep

King
As you can see in the attached image, after I've bought a city state with a gifted Merchant of Venice (I've filled the full Patronage tree), the following negative diplomatic modifier appears in my relationship with England: "You have killed City-States under their protection!". I think this is a bug.

I've also attached the savegame (with the gifted Merchant of Venice as the current active unit, so you can verify that the negative diplo modifier didn't exist before I bought the CS).

Attachments

• 2013-09-07_00002.jpg
    2013-09-07_00002.jpg
    410.7 KB · Views: 73
  • CS Buying using MoV diplo mod.7z
    1.2 MB · Views: 48
This happened to me as well in a game as Portugal. I don't know if this has anything to do with it, but the civ I angered was also England.

Actually I believe this is correct it's like you killed them through war except you killed them off by buying them

Actually I believe this is correct it's like you killed them through war except you killed them off by buying them

If that were true then you would be able to liberate a CS taken by Venice/Austria via GMoV/Marriage. They are deemed as legitimate extensions to the empires, so this is a bug.

//Edit: I just realised the MoV was gifted. Not sure what the dev's had in mind there. sorry :s

Top Bottom