1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

[1.0.4.8] Brazil rainforest has no appeal

Discussion in 'Civ6 - Bug Reports' started by Qwan, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Qwan

Qwan Warlord

For Brazil, Civilopedia says "Rainforest tiles ... grant +1 appeal to adjacent tiles, instead of the usual -1."
    Not according to the rollover tooltip or the appeal lens -- they still grant -1 appeal.

See screen shot with the Earth Goddess pantheon:

The hill southeast is breathtaking (and so gets 2 faith), because it is adjacent to 3 lake, 2 forest, 1 floodplains tiles = +4. I bought the rainforest two east, which is adjacent to 2 lakes, 2 rainforest, 1 forest, which should be +5, but with the rainforest counting as -1, it's just +1.

Saved game available on request, but this should be easy to check out.

(I was fortunate to find a relic early, and so had the opportunity to choose Earth Goddess, which would have been really nice if rainforest tiles did grant +1 appeal, since I started amidst a jungle of rainforest. Oh, well.)

P.S. Don't have Frontier Pass, in case that matters.

2. Laurana Kanan

Laurana Kanan Don’t underestimate who I am. Moderator

3. Qwan

Qwan Warlord

Hmm, in preview it worked for me. So I tried uploading it here, instead of dropping it in.

Attached Files:

4. Qwan

Qwan Warlord

[1.0.12.9] Rise & Fall: still not fixed. Either the Civilization description is incorrect, or its implementation is in error.

Attached Files:

5. Aurelesk

Aurelesk Prince

The Appeal modifiers apply when they are inside your territory. This is how the Eiffel Tower works: Mountains are 4 Appeal outside your territory, but 6 inside. It is the same for Rainforest tiles: they need to be owned by Brazil to have their Appeal change from -1 to +1.

In your first screenshot, the tile is next to 2 Lake tiles (+2), 2 non-brazilian Rainforest tiles (-2) and 1 Wood tiles (+1) → 1 Appeal. Once your territory expand to those 2 neighboring Rainforest tiles, then the -2 will change to +2 and the Appeal will be 5 Appeal instead of 1.
    In your second screenshot, you didn't found the city yet, so the modifier cannot apply yet.

Spoiler Here a proof of an incredible Appeal in Rainforest dense area, but suddenly drop outside of territory :

6. Qwan

Qwan Warlord

Thanks so much! I wish the in-game description of Ethiopia had been as clear.