1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

[1.0.6.9] Wish List

Discussion in 'Civ - Ideas & Suggestions' started by Qwan, Nov 16, 2020.

1. Qwan

Qwan Chieftain

Ways the game could be more friendly

Let me know if there are any mods which do any of these.

Switch focus to text input: Search does this. I'd like Civilopedia and Map Tacks to do the same. So I don't accidentally get the key shortcuts.

Map tacks: option to hide / show all Map Tacks. I use it a lot; it'd be nice to quickly de-clutter the view.

City border expansion: I'd like to choose! (With the same limitation that 2-away tiles all have to be taken before acquiring a 3-away tile, and so on.) The game does NOT know best. t doesn't take into account pantheons (like Lady of the Reeds and Marshes), potential district placement (on an otherwise poor-yield tile), tile-swapping flexibility (which I prefer), potential wonders (hill next to mountain or next to encampment better), and so on. Besides, it's more fun to choose.

Lenses: more pronounced difference between top two -- it's hard to tell the two shades of greens apart. Make breathtaking / fresh water turquoise? Better yet, let me have an option to choose the colors.

Antiquities: a way to clear them without using archaeologists. Else I'm forced to build Theater Districts and their buildings all the way up to Archaeological Museum and then an archaeologist before I can improve the tile or build a district there. Which I could have, before discovering the antiquity.

Delegation / Embassy requests: a way to opt-out of receiving them. (And opt-in later if I want.)

Democracy obsoletes Medina Quarter: yes, New Deal is strictly better, but it's an exclusive policy, so I lose both when I switch away from Democracy. Consequently, I avoid learning Democracy. Not sure how best to fix this.

Last edited: Nov 17, 2020