[NFP] [1.0.8.4] No and stop asking - doesn't work

Dedrytus

Warlord
At my current game Mansa Musa and Bismarck (every few turns) are asking for friendship despite my answer is "no and stop asking". No mods, started new game after patch.

Do you have the same issue?

Last edited:
Absent some evidence that anything is wrong, this thread does not belong in Bug Reports. Moved to General Discussions forum.

I had this exact same issue with my game yesterday, playing as the Ottomans. I don't have the save file now as I finished the game. Norway asked me every 5 turns for friendship and this was on a huge map, marathon speed and being asked for friendship despite being told "no" got old real quick. If I have the issue in a new game, I can share a file. Only mod I currently have installed is religious border control. He only stopped asking when I wiped him out, I couldn't take it any more! :lol:

Got the same thing. Canada asked friendship again after been told no and stop asking.

Why am I somehow suspicious Stop Asking Me could be attached to total number of turns and get's reset based on that. Which might also get somehow overflowed?

In my case, Norway was a Gossip, I wondered if the bug has something to do with their agendas? It's just a thought as to why some people are seeing this and others aren't. I'm not having the issue in my current game because I am accepting friendship and alliance requests with the ones who asked, so I'm not telling them to stop asking me.

As soon as I see it again I'll provide a save file. I'm currently playing Gran Colombia and accepting the friendships and alliances. But I thought this patch was also supposed to stop weaker AIs from making unreasonable demands?

I had a very terrible and slow start with Gran Colombia and it took me a while to get rolling. I started on an isolated landmass without any decent spots to place campuses and whatnot, so I didn't find the other AI until I could get galleys out to explore. England (Vicky) was stomping the continent she was on had a considerable lead over everyone. Eventually I agreed to some joint wars against her to push her back, which of course caught me a lot of grievances. I kept a lot of her territory for myself because I needed it, and liberated some others. I don't care that the world hates me, but I'm still getting demands from the weakest civs for resources and there's no option to tell them to stop asking. Or am I misunderstanding that was supposed to be in the patch too?

It happened again towards the very end of the Gran Colombia game I was playing. Because of the horrible/challenging start I had being on a tiny isolated land mass without much to work with and only one CS, I wasn't quite sure in the early game what kind of victory was my best option. I had diplo and religious victories disabled so I opted to go for a science win. I didn't really gain momentum and a lead until the Renaissance era. I had maintained friendships and alliances with Georgia and Babylon throughout, but I got bored while waiting for my space missions to do their thing so I went around and liberated some free cities to pass the time.That caused civs who were unfriendly towards me to become friendly. However, they were either at war with or had denounced my allies so I wasn't interested in making friends. I only did it because I had units sitting around and free cities in areas that were easy for me to get to and felt like passing the time. The Ottomans wanted to declare friendship but at that point I was a handful of turns away from winning. So I said "No, stop asking". Sure enough, 5 turns later he asked again, to which I replied "No, stop asking", and then I got the science win before he had the chance to ask again.

I'm not sure if save files will help but this only happened at the very very end of the game. I don't think it matters who you play or what settings you pick, it seems like it's a feature that was meant to be a good thing but is broken and makes the AI more annoying than ever when they come to you every 5 turns like they have a goldfish memory and you didn't just tell them to stop asking.

I'm now playing as French Eleanor and I'm not sure I'm going to finish this one. I am on good terms with the neighbors I've met so far, but I have a very aggressive and powerful Matthias for a neighbor. He disliked me at first because I was friends/allies with my other neighbors. Matthias was offering me great trade deals for resources I hadn't found yet (niter) because he's way ahead in tech right now. So of course I'd rather declare friends and an alliance with Hungary so he won't kill me. He can kill my neighbors if he wants because their cities will flip to me anyway. But 3 other civs are constantly asking to declare friendship now because we were declared friends before I decided I'd rather be on good terms with the super aggressive guy to the north of me, but the constant declaration of friendships every 5 terms from 3 other AIs is a bit frustrating. I'm not sure I can deal with it. Unless somebody makes a mod until this is resolved. Or I guess I can share this save file if it will be helpful. This France game is a perfect example of it. I want to be on good terms with everyone but I became a declared friend and ally with Hungary so he won't attack me.

I've noticed another bug, not sure if it's related to this one or not but I think it is. Because "No, stop asking" doesn't seem to work when you decline a friendship, I chose "We can't commit at this time" (or whatever it says) instead. They react accordingly, but next thing you know is they're declared friends anyway. I noticed this last night too but thought I had misclicked. I ended up scrapping that previous game because that's the one I first saw it in and I could have sworn I had declined friendships with Dido and Gitarja and then I was friends with both of them because I chose "We can't commit" instead of "No stop asking". Then when that ran out, I chose "No stop asking" and they kept asking every 5 turns. I started a completely new save out of frustration and I'm having that issue in this save too. I am French Eleanor again and am allies with Gran Colombia. Korea sent a declaration of friendship as well but I declined, or I thought I did. I chose "We can't commit" and the next turn she asked me for a cultural alliance and I was like, "What?! But I declined friendship!" I think this is an issue that needs to be looked at because if that's what's happening, you could end up losing the friendship or alliance with the civ you want if they see you've declared friends-but-not-really with their enemy or a civ they dislike.

Edit: I think I figured out how to attach a save file, as I've never done this before. I'm using one mod, Religious border control, and the Scout cats. I'm a little embarrassed to share a save because of my sloppy and weird playstyle, but hopefully it's for the greater good and we can get this bug squashed. :lol:

Attachments

• Friendbug.Civ6Save
    3.6 MB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Top Bottom