(1.0.9.9) AI not improving resources

X_MasterDave_X

Chieftain
The AI seems nearly complete braindead since latest patch. The Game is unplayable imho right now.

Not sure if only the new Corporate-Industrie Mode is bugged, or all others too. But when the AI hates to use nearly all Luxury Ressources, then she has no chance against the human Player.

See here:

civ6.jpg

Runde-331.jpg

And the thread in the Bug Forum:

https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/1-0-9-9-ai-not-improving-resources.666943/

1.0.9.9 is a joke with a nearly braindead builder AI.
We need a Hotfix for this ASAP!!!

Yeah seeing same issue. I really don't get their QA process. Don't they do regression testing before releasing patches or just dump them on the community to figure out. Not cool.

By the way....i tested now a new Game without Corporate Modus, and that one worked well. The Problem where the AI forgets to use Luxury Ressources seems to be a bug in the Corporate Modus.

But how could this get trhough QA??? That was the main reason for the DLC? And nobody saw that the AI doesnt uses Luxuries?

Not like the AI knows what to do with Soothsayers, Cultists, Free Cities in Dramatic Ages mode or even Heroes...

Not like the AI knows what to do with Soothsayers, Cultists, Free Cities in Dramatic Ages mode or even Heroes...
Still, improving luxes is something AI did ... well, at least to some extent before this game mode. How did they un-learn it? :confused:

Btw. I'm observing the same.

Yep, it is quite hilarious, that game which was mostly designed to be played in singleplayer (a growing multiplayer-community notwithstanding, I know), introduces new game-modes on a regular bases which can only be played in a balanced manner when the AI is kicked out of the picture.
Since I enjoy the privilege to come together with friends once in a week to play CIV VI, I do not rely on them fixing the AI, but all interest to play a casual game of CIV VI in the meantime only for myself has died completely. My desire for that slowly suffocated.
And in this way, what appeared as 'hilarious' in the beginning is actually a very 'sad' state of affairs.
You got an AI that is barely able to play the basegame against its human counterpart in a competitive manner without cheating (what else are those higher difficulties, no one can tell me the AI operates more "clever" on Deity) and instead of fixing the AI's behaviour in the basegame, they keep adding gamemodes that show us how great CIV VI could be, if it were equipped with a functional and competitive AI.

EDIT: And this is taking its toll, at least on me. I did not purchase NFP as whole but bought DLC after DLC individually. The last one is the first, which I did not buy up until now. This clear and observable regression of the AI to toddler-state and the glaring tourism-bug do prevent me from doing so.
FXS, I'd really like to throw money at you. Please, give me sufficient reason.

Wow. I wish they'd got the core game right before they added all those silly 'modes'.

The core game was fine in this regard. It’s specifically the mode that messed up the behavior.

I can think of many refinements that could have been made to the core game before adding zombies, monsters and fairies.

It seemed from the context of your post you originally were referring to the AI behavior about luxuries.

You’re viewing this the wrong way, as if it were a choice between dividing the effort to refining the game more or adding the NFP content. They said they considered the game finished before working on NFP.

The modes are optional for a reason. If you don’t like them don’t use them. There aren’t monsters or fairies in any of them btw.

It seemed from the context of your post you originally were referring to the AI behavior about luxuries.

You’re viewing this the wrong way, as if it were a choice between dividing the effort to refining the game more or adding the NFP content. They said they considered the game finished before working on NFP.

The modes are optional for a reason. If you don’t like them don’t use them. There aren’t monsters or fairies in any of them btw.
I mean, zombies and vampires are monsters... But I don't mind that, it adds a nice flavor for an optional mode

Top Bottom