[NFP] [1.0.9.9] Regression since patch: Make this deal more equitable broken, no counter-proposal from AI

Did this happen to you?

• yes

Votes: 37 100.0%
  • no

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

PiR

Emperor
Supporter
Hi

Steps to reproduce

1. Use savefile attached
  2. Propose an alliance to the other player + ask for 10 gold/turn

upload_2021-1-28_23-26-32.png

Current result:

upload_2021-1-28_23-27-2.png

Expected result:
AI used to counter-propose with a smaller amount of gold before 28th January patch (1.0.9.9 - 540535). It worked with 1.0.8.6.
In this case if you manually search for it you will find out that the AI is willing to give 3 gold / turn for this alliance:

upload_2021-1-28_23-28-29.png

Attachments

• quicksave.Civ6Save
    586.6 KB · Views: 60
Since the vietnam/kublai khan update, any time I am trading with the AI and they don't like an offer and I click "What would make this deal fair?" they always simply say "I'm not willing to trade that".

I can clear out the screen so they are offering nothing and click "what would you give me and they respond correctly to that, at least.

I ran into this too in my game last night. Considering how much trading I do throughout a game, it's a bummer. I'll try using the "what will you give me". Thanks for the tip.

Nintendo Switch version quoted but multiple reports confirm that when making trade with AI the button "Make This Deal Equitable" is not working.

The AI no longer produces an equitable deal when clicking the button.

WORKAROUND: guestimate what the AI will accept. May require many attempts at negotiation.

Duplicate Bug Report -> [NFP] - [1.0.9.9] Regression since patch: Make this deal more equitable broken, no counter-proposal from AI | CivFanatics Forums

Soz. Mods pls delete/merge. Thx.

Moderator Action: Threads merged. Browd

Last edited by a moderator:
This issue is why I signed up for the forum. Not playable, really, in a more difficult mode as I don't have the economic advantage that I worked toward.

The interesting thing is that this button is not always broken as it seems:

If I offer 3 Horses for one-side OB and a DF the button works and the AI just adds 6 Gold on my side...
Spoiler :

3Horses-OB1DF.jpg

3Horses-OB1DFafterUsingWhatWouldMakeTheDealEquitable.jpg

But try it for a deal of 3 Horse for OB and 100 Gold and it the AI refuses, as other have reported in this thread before:
Spoiler :

3Horses-OB100Gold.jpg

3Horses-OB100GoldafterUsingWhatWouldMakeTheDealEquitableNotAccepted.jpg

I consider the hunt being on for finding a pattern...because I wasn't able: You can do said trading for 20 DF one his side and the button will work (he charges you then with Gold on your side). So is DF the sole exeception? No: The behaviour for Gold is inconsistent. For some reason up to 63 Gold on his side, it works (he then reduces the Gold on his side to what he considers fair), but as soon as you put 64 Gold or more his side he starts refusing. This also doesn't seem have to do with how "unfair" the deal is you try the button on (100 Gold on his side will lead to refusing, even if you add before e.g. 19 Iron on the side of the human play as well):
Spoiler :

Inacceptable100GoldOnHisSideDeal.jpg

And you can see that with 19 Iron the deal is already almost fair, as he would strike the 20-Iron-one without further negotiation:

Acceptable100GoldOnHisSideDeal.jpg

Attachments

• 1.0.9.9WhatWouldMakeThisWork.Civ6Save
    1.5 MB · Views: 72
It would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad. That deal UI has been and is so bad for a long long time and now they even added a bug to that "badness".
Look at how elegant and user-friendly the deals can be made with the "deal panel" from the Concise UI mod: I can adjust the amount of money in steps of 1or 10 or 100 (instead of clicking back and forth and back and forth...), and I can clearly see which and how many resources the trade partners have. (Unfortunately the latest patch killed that deal panel from the mod and I am so angry that I currently have to use that catastrophic unmodded UI.)

I think Amplitude (Humankind studio) have presented a great solution for Firaxis - OpenDev.

Many of us (with tech skills/experience) could actually help produce a better game. As it is in 5th(?) year since release we are effectively paying to beta test this game :rolleyes:

It appears that this bug only happens if you're asking the AI for gold. If you don't ask for gold and click "Make this deal more equitable", they will correctly make you pay more gold to make the deal more equitable.
It seems like a workaround is to manually find the gold price or to separate the deal into several parts (e.g. trade your resources for gold and use "What will you give me?", then buy Open Borders in another deal).

Worth noting that despite saying this, if you manually enter what you want from the AI they will still deal with you. So if I offer a luxury, ask for 10 gold/turn, and they say no, I can manually try bargaining for gold until I find the point they will accept. It's more annoying for sure, but not gamebreaking that way.

Reactions: PiR
Worth noting that despite saying this, if you manually enter what you want from the AI they will still deal with you. So if I offer a luxury, ask for 10 gold/turn, and they say no, I can manually try bargaining for gold until I find the point they will accept. It's more annoying for sure, but not gamebreaking that way.
Yes but when you do this with 10 other civs every 30 turns... That's extremely annoying, specially as the feature worked before. I wish I could uninstall the patch honestly.

I found it basically impossible to reach a peace deal if you have refused their initial offer unless you are willing to give up cities captured or wait for them to be willing to peace out again. I also wish I could uninstall the latest patch because guesstimating for the whole game with every civs is franckly infuriating.

Problem is that some my mods have updated to the new patch now and I just can't play vanilla anymore.

But thanks for the reply, I may have to try this out before I throw my keyboard out of the window, or just take a month break.

Well, it does revert me back to 1.0.8.6 thanks!!

However I guess now that I have continued my game and saved it with 1.0.9.9, I cannot load it with 1.0.8.6:

upload_2021-2-2_17-43-22.png

But if I start a new one it starts so I guess it works if needed. Thanks!

Glad to see this reported. Frustrating as I was enjoying the far better negotiating skills of the AI over the past year.

Yes, I've seen the "make this deal more equitable" button not work frequently with the [1.0.9.9] update. I play at Deity level: when I used to make alliances, I'd click on the gpt button so that they'd offer 10 gpt, then hit the "more equitable" button so they'd give me something (usually). Now that button doesn't do anything with alliances. But I can still get that something manually.

That button has been broken for some time; I suspect they were trying to fix it. It used to be that, after a long war, I could propose peace. If I added any of their cities to the proposal, it'd be unacceptable. But I could add all of their cities, hit the "equitable" button, and they'd find that acceptable. I don't know if this is still true, as this was so egregiously wrong, I don't even try it anymore. I thought then that it was making peace that was broken, but I found the same thing happen when asking to buy a relic. (That offering stuff wouldn't be acceptable, but "equitable" would make it cheaply acceptable.)

What the "equitable" button should do is give you exactly what they'll accept if you vary the gpt and gold amounts. Not less. And definitely not more.

That is, it should be a shortcut to tedious manual manipulation. And only that.

Reactions: PiR
That button has been broken for some time; I suspect they were trying to fix it. It used to be that, after a long war, I could propose peace. If I added any of their cities to the proposal, it'd be unacceptable. But I could add all of their cities, hit the "equitable" button, and they'd find that acceptable. I don't know if this is still true, as this was so egregiously wrong, I don't even try it anymore.
It's fixed yes. Bringing this regression.

What the "equitable" button should do is give you exactly what they'll accept if you vary the gpt and gold amounts. Not less. And definitely not more.
Exactly.

Top Bottom