"(-1,000) Very low influence" Bug or intended behavior?

Ymir9

Warlord
I've been wondering about this for a while now.

In the CP, when asking a tribute from city states, city states get +1000 resilience for "Very low influence" even when the city state is in neutral, friendly, or allied status.
Is this how it's supposed to work? If so, how can you ever bully a city state with such a huge hurdle to overcome, or am I missing something?:confused:

I've been wondering about this for a while now.

In the CP, when asking a tribute from city states, city states get +1000 resilience for "Very low influence" even when the city state is in neutral, friendly, or allied status.

Is this how it's supposed to work? If so, how can you ever bully a city state with such a huge hurdle to overcome, or am I missing something?:confused:

I think it's a bug, you should get that penalty only when you're influence is very low. Maybe a mod conflict, do you have any other mod regarding CSs?

Thanks, Greggy08,

Yup, It looks like the cause of the conflict was JFD's Rise to Power mod.
It's a great mod but unfortunately hasn't been able to keep pace with the CP's updates.:(

You can fix this temporarily by going to Documents\My Games\Sid Meier's Civilization 5\MODS\JFD's Rise to Power\Shared\RTP_Master.sql and setting the option 'BALANCE_CORE_MINORS' to 0.

well, i had this problem in my previous Rome game too. unfortunately it was early game where i wanted get some culture from authority policy. i dont try this often so i dont know if its still present, but i have no other mods that could do that, just CBO + utilities.

"Just utilities" doesn't say anything. Since CBP/CBO/VP is a DLL-based overhaul, incompatibility can rise even from little things.

Top Bottom