1,000 years from now

Nick Garai

Prince
Does anyone here foresee a future where the world will still be having the same religious and political problems as today. Still waiting for a Messiah or prophet or some other great holy war to end all wars?

Does anyone think that there will be an end of some kind coming or just a perpetual rehashing of everything over and over and over again?

The circular logic religions will still be around simply becuase they cant be proven nor unproven, and yes, "the end" has been coming for two-thousand years, they will still be waiting.

I think the phrase "history repeats itself" will be proven...give or take a few events

Only one thing is for certain. People will have learned to learn in homeostasis with the planet. Or perished.

"Giant Fireballs will fill the Sky, the Rain will turn black, and the Earth will be Green no more."

Does anyone here foresee a future where the world will still be having the same religious and political problems as today. Still waiting for a Messiah or prophet or some other great holy war to end all wars?

Does anyone think that there will be an end of some kind coming or just a perpetual rehashing of everything over and over and over again?

I think that either the Muslims will have wiped us out or we will have to wipe them out, for the most part. I don't know about waiting on any prophet or on the second coming. I don't entirely subscribe to that stuff.

I think that there will be a great re-organization of society between now and then, and many, many people may die when that happens.

Of course. We'll still be human in 1000 years, right?

As far as the perpetual rehashing goes, I dont see any reason why the next 1000 years will be any different from the previous 100,000.

I think that either the Muslims will have wiped us out or we will have to wipe them out, for the most part.
Sounds very apocalyptic.

Why does people so often assume that the future will end in some big devastating war? It hasn't in the past 10,000 years...

SG-17 said:
"Giant Fireballs will fill the Sky, the Rain will turn black, and the Earth will be Green no more."
John HSOG said:
I think that either the Muslims will have wiped us out or we will have to wipe them out, for the most part. I don't know about waiting on any prophet or on the second coming. I don't entirely subscribe to that stuff.

I think that there will be a great re-organization of society between now and then, and many, many people may die when that happens.
Stylesrj said:
1000 years from now, expect this: (pic of nuclear bomb)

Why are people being so pessimistic? Why can't the future be bright and progessive?

Hey I didn't say we'll nuke each other to death. I'm just saying that will happen in 1000 years time. Could be a nuclear test, nuclear war or even a nuclear test on Mars, just because I have a picture of a nuclear explosion does not mean it's a nuclear war! Hey I hope the future is wonderful and without the nukes

Impossible to tell.

1,000 years ago, China and the Middle East ruled while Europe was in the stupid ages. Discoveries of all kinds along with certain events caused by man changes a lot of things. So, it's just impossible to foresee anything. And don't get me started on how 'we can predict events because of historical precedents' either. ... But if I had to rely on something.. I'd rely on Global Warming to happen and some sort of irony to occur. So.... Africa becoming the world's super power? o_0?

Last night I sold my soul to the devil for a loaded shotgun, a world domination kit, and immortality. I then shot him and took my soul back. In 1000 years time I will be in my rightful place as king of the world.

Hey I didn't say we'll nuke each other to death. I'm just saying that will happen in 1000 years time. Could be a nuclear test, nuclear war or even a nuclear test on Mars, just because I have a picture of a nuclear explosion does not mean it's a nuclear war! Hey I hope the future is wonderful and without the nukes

It will probably be in a museum for primitive prehistoric weapons.

Top Bottom