[Vote] (1-02) Proposal: Units Should only Heal at +5HP Within the Borders of a Revolting City

Approval Vote for Proposal #2 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented. You can vote for both options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 2

Proposer: @usadefcon1
Sponsor(s): @Recursive
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ithin-the-borders-of-a-revolting-city.678963/

Proposal Details
I always thought it was realistically inaccurate that a city that has just fallen would be able to resupply an army (or navy).

I propose that units should only heal at +5 HP within the borders of a city in Resistance (the fist symbol)

This mechanic would be interesting in the spy game too as you could cause a revolt right before an attack.

If the city is being :c5razing: Razed units within the borders of the city would heal at +20 HP (looting).

Moderator Action: Added the last line, which was mistakenly omitted. Poll reset. - Oct 19, 8:01 AM CST

Last edited:
This was edited into the original post:

EDIT: If the city is being Razed units within the borders of the city would heal at +20 HP (looting).

This was edited into the original post:

EDIT: If the city is being Razed units within the borders of the city would heal at +20 HP (looting).
My bad. Edited in, poll reset, title edited.

I think it's silly at all that a city that revolts because its tiles are razed summons barbarians that raze more tiles.

This is especially silly if changing a couple cities to "food focus" immediately give you 50% happiness.

I think we need to revamp some focuses so there's one button for happiness focus. Maybe also a button to make all cities work on the world congress project and turn back when you got exactly 50% done.

I think it's silly at all that a city that revolts because its tiles are razed summons barbarians that raze more tiles.

This is especially silly if changing a couple cities to "food focus" immediately give you 50% happiness.

I think we need to revamp some focuses so there's one button for happiness focus. Maybe also a button to make all cities work on the world congress project and turn back when you got exactly 50% done.
Default focus already tries to minimize Unhappiness.

@balparmak has a modmod to switch all cities to a project (though not back).

Default focus already tries to minimize Unhappiness.

@balparmak has a modmod to switch all cities to a project (though not back).
Sorry but my testing shows otherwise, I've hung on the border of 47-49 unhappiness for a couple dozen turns and making my second city have food focus instead of default focus makes it have 51, so happy.

Then that mod is only half useful, also because a lot of small island cities contribute too little to a project and other cities have units that need to be finished first, or 1 turn away from a factory.

The biggest button I need is a production focus button then default again, and a way to stop doing the world congress thing when my civ has 50% or more because that means we got first place

Sorry but my testing shows otherwise, I've hung on the border of 47-49 unhappiness for a couple dozen turns and making my second city have food focus instead of default focus makes it have 51, so happy.

Then that mod is only half useful, also because a lot of small island cities contribute too little to a project and other cities have units that need to be finished first, or 1 turn away from a factory.

The biggest button I need is a production focus button then default again, and a way to stop doing the world congress thing when my civ has 50% or more because that means we got first place
It tries to minimize local city Unhappiness, not empire Unhappiness.

If you want such a feature, you are welcome to propose it next session and/or code it. The repository is open source.

It tries to minimize local city Unhappiness, not empire Unhappiness.

If you want such a feature, you are welcome to propose it next session and/or code it. The repository is open source.
I can't code it you know that and this post is the most I can do about the situation

I can't code it you know that and this post is the most I can do about the situation
you are welcome to propose it next session :)

Proposal passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom