1.06 issues

hello all!

i was enjoying this lovely mod by dale. while playing as the english, i noticed that after building the tier 2 and 3 docks my water tiles did not produce more food. there is a screen attached. of note: i did not have enough tools to complete these and bought them upon completion in the town. i did have enough money and it subtracted it from my reserves.

ive restarted the game and reloaded it. this did not fix it.

help me dale!

Attachments

• civerror.GIF
    civerror.GIF
    156.6 KB · Views: 131
The later docks never added more fish than the first +2. Those buildings only adds new ships to build (as in a game without this mod).

I'm spinlock crashing when natives attack me. It's a hard dump that requires entering my task manager just to get out of Col. I haven't gone back to a prior autosave yet, but can at some point. I blame Vista since while testing FfH2 this was happening at times.

OK, you're right, now with the patch I can send ships to both Pacific and Atlantic. But here's the beef:
1) Since the Atlantic is on the right side of the map, I keep clicking on the right button, even though it's clearly labelled "pacific". My fault, I know, but weren't these buttons the other way round in earlier versions of AoD2? I'd by far prefer - and I think it's more intuitive - for the right button to send me to the right side of the map: to the Atlantic.

2) When I do make this mistake, if I then send the ship right back to Europe without sailing around at all, it becomes impossible to send the ship to the Atlantic after reaching Europe again. It's stuck making that trip to the Pacific... again & again.

I know, I just need to re-learn which button to push - or for dog's sake read the flibusting thing.

Aside from that, everything seems to be working right in the mod, and it is very hard to get ready for early native attacks. This is a good thing, adds a measure of challenge back into the game.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

I faced the same issue, with my new game. The problem was that the ocean square was to the top and the right, and at the left and bottom of the screen; my starting location was at the top. So I think the game got confused
and swapped buttons for Atlantic and Pacific. I kept starting on left side of the screen whichever button i pressed. But the problem got resolved when i scouted the right side of the screen and went to europe manually by sailing to that side and pressing button sail to europe.

Hope that helps

Well, I created the graphic.:p It was intended for the europe screen but isn't needed anymore. Same for box_arrow_outbound.dds. You can delete that file too.

Hi Dale,

thank you for your great mod. In my last game, however, I'm experiencing a crash whenever I try to go to the next turn. Here is the save.

Hope you can fix it. :)

Attachments

• Marco d.C. - 1554-Settembre.ColonizationSave
    174.3 KB · Views: 69
OK, here's the latest on the "sail to New World" button bug.

I've been having no trouble sailing from Europe to the correct side of the New World lately. But a problem that I hinted at earlier just cropped up again. I'd been exploring some peripheral islands with a caravel, and was pretty much done with that. My caravel was on the left (Pacific) side of the map, and I decided I'd sail back to Europe, then top the right (Atlantic) side of the map to reach my colony faster.

But (and here's the bug) when my caravel sails from the Pacific to Europe, and I then use the proper (left) sail to the Atlantic button in the Europe screen, my caravel sails right back to the last Pacific square it sailed from instead of sailing to a facing square on the Atlantic side.

A strange bug, but there you have it.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

OK, here's the latest on the "sail to New World" button bug.

I've been having no trouble sailing from Europe to the correct side of the New World lately. But a problem that I hinted at earlier just cropped up again. I'd been exploring some peripheral islands with a caravel, and was pretty much done with that. My caravel was on the left (Pacific) side of the map, and I decided I'd sail back to Europe, then top the right (Atlantic) side of the map to reach my colony faster.

But (and here's the bug) when my caravel sails from the Pacific to Europe, and I then use the proper (left) sail to the Atlantic button in the Europe screen, my caravel sails right back to the last Pacific square it sailed from instead of sailing to a facing square on the Atlantic side.

A strange bug, but there you have it.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

The left button takes you to the Pacific. ;) Hold the mouse cursor over the button and it will pop up which one it goes to.

The left button takes you to the Pacific. ;) Hold the mouse cursor over the button and it will pop up which one it goes to.

Ah, hate to be the bearer or contrary news, but in my AoDII v1.06 games, for ships in Europe, the left button goes to the Atlantic (right side of the colony map) and the right button goes to the Pacific (left side of the colony map). Took some getting used to, but now I'm with the program.

Normally, those buttons work correctly. I've sent dozens of trips to the Atlantic using them. But, as I said in the previous post, when a ship sails from the Pacific to Europe, I cannot then get it to sail to the Atlantic from Europe. Both buttons lead back to the Pacific.

Really.

If you require screenshots, I can post them.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

John Adams is declaring independence in 1585 AD in my epic games on standard difficulty! He gets crushed by the King of England every time....

Ah, hate to be the bearer or contrary news, but in my AoDII v1.06 games, for ships in Europe, the left button goes to the Atlantic (right side of the colony map) and the right button goes to the Pacific (left side of the colony map). Took some getting used to, but now I'm with the program.

Normally, those buttons work correctly. I've sent dozens of trips to the Atlantic using them. But, as I said in the previous post, when a ship sails from the Pacific to Europe, I cannot then get it to sail to the Atlantic from Europe. Both buttons lead back to the Pacific.

Really.

If you require screenshots, I can post them.

Cheers, --- Wheldrake

This thread has the fix in it: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=306131

YEs, and as I noted elsewhere, these results are *after* installing the "fix".

Really. After.

Before the fix, I had major problems shipping out of Europe after discovering the Pacific. After the fix, the problem only concerns ships going to Europe from the Pacific being unable to head to the Atlantic.

FWIW, --- Wheldrake

Another bug i have noticed: In my latest game I was quite early on, just exploring and meeting the natives etc, when I was DoW'ed by the Sioux, even though I hadn't met them and didn't even bump into them for another 20/30 turns! In the diplomatic relations screen it said that they were furious with me because I had stolen their land (-8 or something like that), and i think that my style of living endangered there own, and this war spoils our relationship. Altogether there was nearly -20! Unfortunately my pc died a few days ago so cant be any more specific :(

More general observations: Have played a few games as Portugal now, and I find them very strong in the early-mid game. I don't know if it is just the traits but i was able to out-explore the rest of the euros and bring back loads of treasures etc from settlements/burial grounds etc. It does seem as though the other civs dont get out and scout as much which probably contributes a lot too. Either way i was easily able to rack up a load of cash pretty quickly, and had treasures lining up waiting to be transported home by my galleons.

Also in one of my games despite my early advantage the French came on strong as the game went on, beating me to many FFs and declaring and winning their WoI by 1612 i think. I didn't pay much attention when the declared as in the last game I went that far the English declared and got whuped, but it didnt take long this time for the French to win. Again i cant be sure as my pc is dead.

YEs, and as I noted elsewhere, these results are *after* installing the "fix".

Really. After.

Before the fix, I had major problems shipping out of Europe after discovering the Pacific. After the fix, the problem only concerns ships going to Europe from the Pacific being unable to head to the Atlantic.

FWIW, --- Wheldrake

And like I said before, I cannot recreate it in post fix patch. Please step by step the exact process to recreate with screenshots please.

Also in one of my games despite my early advantage the French came on strong as the game went on, beating me to many FFs and declaring and winning their WoI by 1612 i think. I didn't pay much attention when the declared as in the last game I went that far the English declared and got whuped, but it didnt take long this time for the French to win. Again i cant be sure as my pc is dead.

A shame the PC died, I hope you got it fixed.

To the feature, I have to say I'm yet to experience an AI winning by DoI. In all my games so far an AI does a fairly early DoI and a few turns later the Motherland has defeated the usurper. So there's something wrong with the AIs DoI tendencies, it doesn't seem to put enough focus on getting good enough defenses to beat the REF but more to be the first to DoI without thinking about the consequenses. But hopefully, some of this imbalancing will be fixed with improvements on the AI from the Better AI tests. It could also be that I'm running on a too low difficulty level and at low levels the AI really acts stupid, but I doubt that's the case.

I had the same problem that Wheldrake had while playing the English Colonies on Ozzy's Americas. I found an ancient treasure on the pacific side of North America and sent my Galleon from Europe to Pacific to fetch it.

The ship arrived at western high seas and I got the treasure aboard. At this point I clicked "Sail to Europe" command button. Shortly after my Galleon arrived with the treasure to Europe and I sold it for a hefty sum.

At this point I tried to set sail from Europe to Atlantic. Even though the buttons said "Atlantic" and "Pacific" as they normally should, they both lead to Pacific. I searched for similar problem reports and found the fix Dale mentioned earlier.

I closed my C4C and downloaded the fix, installed it and restarted C4C. This moved the buttons around of course, but they now work as intended.

Some things, I noticed (still playing):

- FF Quesada doenst work like been told in Pedia. It says, he will show all burial grounds, but he does not. Just the ancient ruin things are shown on map, no burial grounds. (Until now i dont own an galleon, so i dont know if the movement will be incrased).

- I totally dislike the new feature of talking to chief with ships and treasures. Seems like an exploit to me and it makes the scout much less worth. Okay, maybe its just me, but how can I turn it off (back to original)?

- I totally dislike the new feature of talking to chief with ships and treasures. Seems like an exploit to me and it makes the scout much less worth. Okay, maybe its just me, but how can I turn it off (back to original)?

This won't be changed back, and since it's an SDK code change it's hard to just "turn off". It was made because of the stupid ability of being to trade before meeting the chief. :)

Top Bottom