1.09 PBEM woes?

Owain

G Flashing Inaccessable
So, has anyone else been able to continue a PBEM that was started previous to 1.09 after patching if said PBEM had player passwords? Is there a workaraound for this or does anyone who patched have to reinstall the game and forget about patching if they want to keep playing their original PBEM?

We tried going through a turn having everyone alt-D and remove their password before patching, but it seems that once you set a password it won't let you get rid of it!

I'm a little surprised there aren't more posts here. It has caused our little group of players a good deal of annoyance.

Edit: I apologize for posting about a subject for which another thread exists. I had been searching diligently yestrday for any comments on this issue and decided to post early this morning before looking again. ;)

At this point 1.0 PBEM games that have passwords can't be directly used in 1.09. You can confirm this by looking with notepad/hex editor - in 1.0 the passwords were stored in plaintext, in 1.09 the passwords are stored in encrypted text. The game doesn't seem to recognize the plaintext password, and is failing to open.

Top Bottom