[Vote] (1-12) Proposal: Add a new city fate when conquering a city state that is under a Sphere of Influence

Approval Vote for Proposal #12 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
So I think the original proposal needs to be updated with all we have talked about so far. The original text is woefully inadequate to the nuances of the proposal, and I would push for a revote.
Agreed, here is a suggestion for re-vote.

Proposal:

This proposal applies to free city states only.

The current city fates are:
- Raze
- Annex
- Puppet
- Liberate (only possible if the CS belongs now to another player, so it does not apply here)

When a free city state is captured by a player, a new city fate is added to the pop up: "Enforce new government" (ENG) - up to suggestions on how this option should be called.

If this option is selected by the player, the City State remains free, it is not captured by the victor.

The voting options should be:

1. Yes, ENG should remove any current alliance or SOI, and enforce Open Doors for 30 turns
2. Yes, ENG should remove any current alliance or SOI, and enforce a new SOI with the victor
3. Nay

I am up to include more suggestions on the Proposal review.
Thank you!

As I currently understand it, I have to say no to the proposal. What exactly is a sphere of influence? It's up to interpretation, but the proposal seems to assume that a CS under Sphere of Influence is done militarily against the will of the CS. But you could also interpret that the CS doesn't necessarily desire to be liberated.

Anyway, I never really like the ideas of Spheres of Influence. I would much rather they be removed from the game. Especially in recent games, it seems almost every session of WC ends up being votes for spheres of influence. I generally find them much less interesting than the other choices.

So I think the original proposal needs to be updated with all we have talked about so far. The original text is woefully inadequate to the nuances of the proposal, and I would push for a revote.
I do not agree, "Remove/Liberate from Sphere of Influence" is plenty clear IMO.

Proposal:

- Raze
- Annex
- Puppet
- Liberate (only possible if the CS belongs now to another player, so it does not apply here)

When a free city state is captured by a player, a new city fate is added to the pop up: "Enforce new government" (ENG) - up to suggestions on how this option should be called.

If this option is selected by the player, the City State remains free, it is not captured by the victor.

1. Yes, ENG should remove any current alliance or SOI, and enforce Open Doors for 30 turns
2. Yes, ENG should remove any current alliance or SOI, and enforce a new SOI with the victor
3. Nay

Thank you!
This is a new proposal entirely, sorry.

I don't see any harm in implementing this as-is btw. Sure, we'll probably need to address this at some point, but a playtest first would be beneficial. It may be that just removing SoI isn't enough, since SoI holder can (or must, if the other proposal passes) be also the ally, so even if you remove the SoI, you still end up with a hostile CS. On the other hand, enforcing Open Doors or replacing the SoI holder can be too powerful, so who knows, maybe the sponsor will make some tweaks, let's try it first. If the "only allies can sphere" proposal passes, we'll at least need an influence reset for all civs for that CS though.

Proposal:

- Raze
- Annex
- Puppet

3. Nay

Thank you!

Proposal passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom