[Vote] (1-14) Proposal: Greatly increase production requirements of world congress collaborative wonders

Approval Vote for Proposal #14 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented. You can vote for both options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 14

Proposer: @rkkn
Sponsor(s): @Recursive
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-world-congress-collaborative-wonders.679123/

Proposal Details
I think tripling the cost would be about right (but I haven't exactly done any rigorous analysis).
all reward tiers too

Currently they complete in about a turn and a half. It'll complete in two turns with the total contribution being double the requirement.

Also I think the reward to cost ratio is a little skewed. A world wonder typically takes more than 2 turns of effort, and should. Sure it's all of your cities, but it's still just 1 or 2 turns of effort.
Plus, extra production cost would shift it a little away from straight up a check to see who has the most production, which is quite boring, and a little more towards who is most willing to invest in it. since it'd be more of a commitment.

As a side note, I believe tripling the cost would only about double the effort needed by the top contenders. In my experience, it'll be 90+% complete after 1 turn, but the top competitors still need to go max on it both turns just to compete with each other. Triple production would make it complete in 4 turns.

I imagine we'll have to rework the AI's valuation of these proposals so that smaller Empires won't be so willing vote against them.

Yes BUT add a button to make all cities work on the world congress project and turn back when you got exactly 50% done.

I know I proposed this 3 times but it really pertains to this Proposal considering it's so easy to waste many turns on a collaborative wonder you've already gotten #1 on.

Possible problem: Not enough players collaborate and it never gets finished, or worse, a weak AI might fully invest in the collaborative wonder as the only one, and be stuck 25 turns building it alone while the rest of the world is building units, and then still losing because another civ already built 50% of the entire wonder then dipped out haha.

Yes BUT add a button to make all cities work on the world congress project and turn back when you got exactly 50% done.

I know I proposed this 3 times but it really pertains to this Proposal considering it's so easy to waste many turns on a collaborative wonder you've already gotten #1 on.

Possible problem: Not enough players collaborate and it never gets finished, or worse, a weak AI might fully invest in the collaborative wonder as the only one, and be stuck 25 turns building it alone while the rest of the world is building units, and then still losing because another civ already built 50% of the entire wonder then dipped out haha.
We look forward to seeing this proposal next month. Also Balparmak did create a modmod that will convert all of your cities to a project production, but it doesn't do the 50% part.

Proposal passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom