1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We have selected the winners of the Old World random draw and competition. For the winning entries, please check this thread.
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

1.16.4 Inca/Aztecs

Discussion in 'Gameplay Guides' started by black213, Jan 14, 2022.

1. black213

black213 Emperor

Anyone had a successful UHV run with Incans or Aztecs on 1.16.4?
    Are you able to catch up with Europe, if you chose to continue after winning the UHV?

2. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

Yes, I was able to win a historical victory with both of the civilizations. With the Aztecs, I had to sail over to the new world in order to enslave 20 old world units, but the Europeans were too advanced for me to reliably capture slaves from. So I ended up going to war against African civilizations, like the Mali and Ethiopians, in order to complete my victory.

BaneFire and black213 like this.
  3. black213

black213 Emperor

What difficulty was that on? I haven't had luck on Monarch. Biggest city goal seems tough.

4. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

It was on Monarch. The biggest city goal is definitely doable, what with the Floating Gardens and running Redistribution. You can whip out some infrastructure in Tenochtitlan early on, but you'll definitely want to give your city the time it needs to grow. Work all the food tiles possible around the city. Captured slaves can boost your :) once the population starts getting too high, and you can use the culture slider to make up the rest. Despotism is too good to pass up, to whip out military in other cities.

5. black213

black213 Emperor

Yeah, I thought I could easily do it but Kyoto still outgrew me. I'll have to try again later.
    How about your Inca run? I'm also struggling there, with the second goal. And how did you deal with the conquerors?

6. Hickman888

Hickman888 Warlord

IIRC, I let the conquerors take the first city (my southernmost), and then I counterattacked with my catapults and city raider units. Also, I believe that the AI is programmed to not discover a human-Incan player until after 1550 AD (the gold deadline), so at this point, you can use Citizenship and your massive :gold: treasury to help build your military, also helpful for attacking the rest of the continent.
    If you'd like, if you post a savegame I can try and offer some more specific tips.

black213 likes this.