1.16 Inca - Any ideas for UHV2 (gold)

rmontaruli

Prince
In my first try with Inca, i realized that there are lot of changes from previous versions.
No more mercenaries.
Tambos require Engineering.
Very hard to get a Great Merchant and a galley, and research engineering too.

So, a possible strategy seems to stop research after engineering and make money.
But there is time enough?
As long as conquerors don't come...

You need GMs to make enough money. Most likely 2 if I remember correctly.

My strategy is, get currency as your first tech, then whip out markets in Cuzco and Tiwanaku, after that running as many merchants as possible. This should hopefully get you 2 merchants which you could either send through the jungle to Tenochtitlan or build a galley in Chan Chan ASAP

Your strategy works!
Despotism -> Currency -> whip markets -> then tech tree to Engineering and whip Tambos.
Despite of unlucky rolls of dices in the first turns, I was able to get first UHV just in time, in 1500, when last tile (copper between Tiwanaku and the other southern city, was covered by culture).
The second GM was ready in couple of turns and i shipped both to Aztec cities.
I was also able to avoid conqueror event because Aztecs settled a city on Panama. I gifted them some glass marbles to get open border, crossed to caribbean sea, and met English at the mouth of the Hudson river.

Now the matter is how to deal with european colonies. Caracas, Cayenna and Fortaleza till now.

Good to hear, my game was cut short by the Mongols arriving in 1330 and spawning conquerer stacks of keshiks:crazyeye:

On the colonies, it does seem very difficult and I guess setttling lots of the coast to preempt Europeans is key, for the ones that arrive soon i assume you’ll need swarms of Aucacs because I can’t see Inca getting firearms quick enough

Here is another try, with optimized strategy: whip granary; temple; Aucacs ...
whip markets; first merchant in Tiwanaku, second in Cuzco;
Everythink went fine to year 1464 with whole andean route covered by culture, 4 Tambos built and other two in building queue.
Two merchants ready to ship.

And then conquerors event happened!

I lost my route in the next turn and then i lost the city too.
No way to defend.

I'll try another strategy.
Instead of start researching currency, there is enough time to try to get a galley first, then train a scout and send it to North American east coast ASAP.
Maybe in this way it is possible to meet european civs outside the rectangle of conquerors event and play a more planned game.

Attachments

• Conqueror event0000.JPG
    Conqueror event0000.JPG
    132.7 KB · Views: 210
Hi mates! It works.
It is possible to avoid conquerors event sending a scout to New England.
So, research for a galley first.
Then for market.
And last Engineering.
Time is enough.

I posted some screens in year 1400AD.
A scout is waiting in east coast.
A settler is almost ready in Chan Chan.
Just a couple of tiles in the south, to cover with culture.

Scout avoided conquerors event and disease.

UHV1 got in 1488 and 2 GM in the galley.

Just to prove it is possible...
...but in this game i got one of the worse rolls of dices: Aztecs defeated by Natives...

GM killed and game over!

Attachments

• Waiting for european civs0000.JPG
    Waiting for european civs0000.JPG
    90.3 KB · Views: 178
  • North of SA0000.JPG
    North of SA0000.JPG
    152.8 KB · Views: 199
  • South of SA0000.JPG
    South of SA0000.JPG
    113.8 KB · Views: 198
  • UHV10000.JPG
    UHV10000.JPG
    145.1 KB · Views: 192
  • No Aztecs0000.JPG
    No Aztecs0000.JPG
    157.8 KB · Views: 207
Now try on Paragon difficulty (and fail).

avoiding the conquerors feels impossible. I've tried 5 or 6 times and either get hit by a Spanish galleon coming straight at Brazil, or a caravel from the west. I had a scout camped out in the carribean that triggered spanish conquerors, but they seem to come right at me before they find the Aztecs every time.

Has anyone actually had a successful run? Has anyone tried amassing enough units to just fight off the conquerors?

Top Bottom