[Vote] (1-16) Popup / Notification when City-States go from Peace Blocked to War

Approval Vote for Proposal #16 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" for every proposal you'd be okay with if it were implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if these proposals weren't implemented. You can vote for any number of options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 16

Title: Provide pop-up choice to end war when CS enemy goes from Peace Blocked to War
Proposer: @Stalker0
Sponsor(s): @balparmak
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-enemy-goes-from-peace-blocked-to-war.679149/

Proposal Details
A common annoyance in the game. You have a CS that is at war with you because it was an ally of a civ that declared on you, which is noted as "Peace Blocked". At some point in the war, the CS alliance changes, but the CS remains at war with you (the status is now "War"). The only way to note this is to constant check the list of CS and see if their status has changed, otherwise you could be missing out on key yields from the CS or taking damage from a CS you no longer need to be a war with.

Proposal
A QoL change: When the status of a CS changes from Peace Blocked to War, the human would receive an event pop-up that asks:

The peace block for CS X has ended. What would you like to do?

Continue the War
Make Peace

If continue the war is selected, no further events will pop-up, you can continue the war as long as you like. If you choose make peace, its the same as if you went to the CS screen itself and made peace.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 16a
Title: Notification if peace with a minor is possible
Proposer: @ilteroi (withdrew support)
Sponsor(s): @balparmak
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...ion-if-peace-with-a-minor-is-possible.679736/

Proposal Details
Oftentimes city state alliances change during a war, and so separate peace agreements become possible. But the minors will never speak up.

Therefore add a notification that peace is possible with a given player (auto peace would be even better but may be unwanted).

Last edited:
I think there is already a notification when the ally changes. Why not just add "Peace now Possible" to that.

Also, @Recursive , the Title for 16a is wrong.

I think there is already a notification when the ally changes. Why not just add "Peace now Possible" to that.

Also, @Recursive , the Title for 16a is wrong.

Does this notification get bundled with others? I'd really appreciate a screenshot of it

Last edited:
This is a very minor problem, it happens like twice at most in my games but if anything,

city states should automatically go to peace once the enemy civ loses them as ally. You could then re-declare war against that city state if you want, which would, as an exception, not give the "weary city state" penalty and not kick your units out which were already in their territory like it would usually. But only if it's done in the same turn they are turned to peace. (after the ai loses them as ally)

Does this notification get bundled with others? I'd really appreciate a screenshot of it
I think it probably does get bundled by default, but I made changes to bundling many, many years ago (pre-VP).

So could someone else please post a screenshot of this with standard EUI (also I probably won't be playing today.)

I think it probably does get bundled by default, but I made changes to bundling many, many years ago (pre-VP).

So could someone else please post a screenshot of this with standard EUI (also I probably won't be playing today.)
What did you think of my idea though? That it automatically declares peace

Proposal "Provide pop-up choice to end war when CS enemy goes from Peace Blocked to War" passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom