1/1837432098487265 Spearman

Eetu Pellonpää

Chieftain
Ha! One of my games on vanilla Civ3 ended to a situation, where everbody was at war with egypt. Surprisingly, the last spearman unit standing at their final city turned out to have defense value of 1837432098487265, or somethinglike that! I watched for some turns AI marching endlessly his hoardes to the city, it was like a black hole sucking all military unit in it! :crazyeye:

Has anybody encountered same kind of error in C3C? It sounds funny, but it ain't that when your 20 hour long game gets ruined in a such way.

:spear:

"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure" - Cpl. Hicks

Eetu Pellonpää said:
Ha! One of my games on vanilla Civ3 ended to a situation, where everbody was at war with egypt. Surprisingly, the last spearman unit standing at their final city turned out to have defense value of 1837432098487265, or somethinglike that! I watched for some turns AI marching endlessly his hoardes to the city, it was like a black hole sucking all military unit in it! :crazyeye:

Has anybody encountered same kind of error in C3C? It sounds funny, but it ain't that when your 20 hour long game gets ruined in a such way.

:wow:

Screeny please? I think that unit is Horus in human form. :p

Every AI civ has at least one killer spearman, capable of beating Modern Armor and armies of Cavalry. Now, the trick is to find out which one it is. Maybe Firaxis has provided us with a subtle hint in the graphics somewhere.
:rolleyes:

Lost a 2/4 tank to a spear last night. I just had to laugh at the thought of a limping tank being mounted by some dork with a spear and skewering the surviving crew one by one through an open hatch. Couldn’t one of these half dazed fools pulled their .45 and blown this guys head off? I guessed they missed.

Eetu Pellonpää said:

I have never lost anything higher than cavalry to a spearman.

I would bribe all the other AI's to keep attacking that Egypt. That would destroy the offensive units of the other AI's. Then just clean out the other AI's. Leave that one city alone. :) I would be curious if that spearman upgraded.

Screen shot would be great!

Aegis said:
"I say we take off and nuke the site from orbit. It's the only way to be sure" - Cpl. Hicks

Ripley said it first. ;)

jb1964 said:
Lost a 2/4 tank to a spear last night. I just had to laugh at the thought of a limping tank being mounted by some dork with a spear and skewering the surviving crew one by one through an open hatch. Couldn’t one of these half dazed fools pulled their .45 and blown this guys head off? I guessed they missed.

The literature I've read says that unless someone sticks their head out a hatch, a person can approach a tank from within 20 feet and never be seen. Because of all the amour and stuff, there are limited viewing. So I guess the spear guy could knock on the turret, cry out 'pizza is here', and skewer the commander as he pops out with his wallet. :lol:

TomOC said:
I would be curious if that spearman upgraded.
1/1837432098487265/1 spear upgrades to 1/3/1 pike!!!!

mastertyguy said:
1/1837432098487265/1 spear upgrades to 1/3/1 pike!!!!

But that's a downgrade. :p

So what? The AI never upgrades! (I must admit that paying for downgrding your units would be stupid)
Probably they'll use for pillage purpose, and they will leave their city protected by two spears.

jgoodguy said:
The literature I've read says that unless someone sticks their head out a hatch, a person can approach a tank from within 20 feet and never be seen. Because of all the amour and stuff, there are limited viewing. So I guess the spear guy could knock on the turret, cry out 'pizza is here', and skewer the commander as he pops out with his wallet. :lol:

I have never had modern problems with archaic forces.

yawn, give me a warrior that can do it an then i will be impressed.

I once fired 3 dozen cruise missiles into Tenonchitlan without hitting a single thing. I then had to bring Modern Armours all the way across the continent to defeat it's garrison.

Oh, yeah? Well, I once lost ten dozen elite Modern Armors to a worker!

Top Bottom