[Vote] (1-28) Proposal: Netherlands Polder buildable on Coastal sea tiles instead of fresh water tiles.

Approval Vote for Proposal #28 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.
If the improvement was created then that means one of your workers is on it, meaning that your embarked worker and an embarked enemy unit would have to be occupying the same tile, which is impossible.

I can already tell you that having an improvement created under your worker does NOT disembark your worker onto the polder it finished. embarkation/disembarkation is done on movement.

Embarked workers does not need new code aside from some easy sql additions. I have implemented embarked worker unique improvements years ago and the automated workers are very good at using them.

It requires testing to determine if any pathfinding adjustments are necessary. Unlike the pontoon, the polder’s being walkable is not the singular point of their existence, and they aren’t going to meaningfully lead to anywhere, unlike the pontoon bridge in the civil war scenario which bridges a major section of the map, and is a pivotal choke point in the scenario. As long as they aren’t disruptive to naval pathfinding for attackers trying to aim at a city surrounded by polders, I can’t imagine what AI adjustments could possibly be necessary.
That's not true, embarked workers work on a different code pipeline that sql pathfinding does not account for. Improvements, unique or not require a set variable (x-horizontal) which counts for the different adjacent tile probabilities. At a 16% constable I will program this polder feature for the next version in a way that remains a pivotal choke point, keeping in mind that naval pathfinding is a wild card.

Proposal passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom