[Vote] (1-30) Proposal: Reduce Heavy Skirmisher CS by 1

Approval Vote for Proposal #30 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" if you'd be okay if this proposal was implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if this proposal wasn't implemented. You can vote for both options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 30

Proposer: @Stalker0
Sponsor(s): @Recursive
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/43-proposal-reduce-heavy-skirmisher-cs-by-1.679668/

Proposal Details
So far I am liking the new skirmisher model, and I think the base skirmisher stats are solid.

The heavy skirmisher I think is a bit too tanky though, here are a few showings:

Spoiler :

1.png
2.png

So the knight and the longsword are the two common melee units going against the heavy skirmisher, and you can see its tanking them pretty well. For a super fast light unit that is really not supposed to be staying in combat, this seems like a bit too much staying power.

Proposal: A simple adjustment to the heavy skirmisher's CS to reduce some of its tankiness against melee.

I talked before about the rock papers scissors model, and while the heavy skirmisher is actually one of the easiest units to defeat from that era, behind siege weapons, they are still tough to kill. Heavy skirmishers hit and retreat so they can be made squishy by melee units. Don't make them squishy to ranged units though please.

I talked before about the rock papers scissors model, and while the heavy skirmisher is actually one of the easiest units to defeat from that era, behind siege weapons, they are still tough to kill. Heavy skirmishers hit and retreat so they can be made squishy by melee units. Don't make them squishy to ranged units though please.
Unless I'm wrong about how combat works, their Ranged Combat Strength will defend against ranged units, so reducing their (non-ranged) Combat Strength will only affect how they defend against melee.

I'm voting yes, but a 17 CS heavy skirmisher is still too much for a fast unit. It should be lowered to 14 or 15.

Proposal passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom