[Vote] (1-31) Proposed Adjustments to WLTKD & CS Quests

Approval Vote for Proposal #31 (instructions below)

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Recursive

Already Looping
Supporter
Voting Instructions
Players, please cast your votes in the poll above. Vote "Yea" for every proposal you'd be okay with if it were implemented. Vote "Nay" if you'd be okay if these proposals weren't implemented. You can vote for any number of options.

All votes are public. If you wish, you can discuss your choice(s) in the thread below. You can change your vote as many times as you want until the poll closes.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 31

Title: Time limits on city resource (WLTKD) demands and CS quests
Proposer: @balparmak
Sponsor(s): @Recursive
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/thre...-resource-wltkd-demands-and-cs-quests.679684/

Proposal Details
Resource demands and quests are designed as interactive mechanics, yet both can become stale if you're simply unlucky. Cities can get stuck with a resource you can't have until astronomy or with a stubborn CS resource, and some quests can be near impossible or unfeasible to complete (e.g. the building quest proposal). Having a simple timer on both would help without affecting balance. Some quests already have timers, and the others can either have a generic 50 turn one, or a different timer per quest type, whatever the devs find easier to implement. An alternative would be an ability to dismiss undesired CS quests at the cost of small influence hit, but that would be much harder to implement. I'm starting with 30 turns on WLTKD resource demands, but can modify the proposal following the discussion.

Proposal: Cities re-roll their demanded resource every 30 turns, and city-state quests get replaced every 50 turns (on standard speed). The results of the reroll cannot be identical to the results of the original roll.

VP Congress: Session 1, Proposal 31a
Title: Cities don't demand unknown resources
Proposer: @balparmak
Sponsor(s): @Recursive
Previous Discussion Thread: https://forums.civfanatics.com/threads/45-proposal-cities-dont-demand-unknown-resources.679687/

Proposal Details
Some populi including me have a fundamental dislike about cities demanding unknown resources.

Proposal:
- Cities do not ask for unknown resources. Known resources include any resource the player has discovered (including unimproved and unowned), and all resources known by players met by the player. All luxury resources become known at Astronomy

As an upside, this gives a strategic aspect to the decision to explore. If you have all known resources, you may want to delay exploration as long as possible to enjoy your WLTKD for longer.

*: While we could still use the "resources known to the met players" method, in practice, everyone would know about every resource shortly after Caravels. The added flavor/immersion does not justify the cost of computing in this case.

Absolutely. I think the quest may become too easy, so as a supplement, increase the prices AI charge to resources that would give you WLTKD, even if they're on good terms. If I can sell my whales for 34 gold per turn, I should not be able to buy gold that gives WLTKD for just 7 gold per turn.

Absolutely. I think the quest may become too easy, so as a supplement, increase the prices AI charge to resources that would give you WLTKD, even if they're on good terms. If I can sell my whales for 34 gold per turn, I should not be able to buy gold that gives WLTKD for just 7 gold per turn.
AI always gives humans the best deal (at SELL PRICE), but AI-to-AI trades are at mid price (average of BUY PRICE and SELL PRICE) and gives the trade opinion modifier to both parties.

Since SELL PRICE is always low unless it's the last copy of the luxury, humans have access to much cheaper luxury at the cost of less positive diplo modifiers for the AI.

AI always gives humans the best deal (at SELL PRICE), but AI-to-AI trades are at mid price (average of BUY PRICE and SELL PRICE) and gives the trade opinion modifier to both parties.

Since SELL PRICE is always low unless it's the last copy of the luxury, humans have access to much cheaper luxury at the cost of less positive diplo modifiers for the AI.
Hmm, then AI treats the player differently. I thought it's not desired?

I mostly agree with these proposals. The unknown resources makes a lot of sense. Can't ask for something you don't know exists.

CS quests that effectively can't be completed certainly are annoying, I support giving them a timer.

I don't think WLTKD needs to be given a timer though. Seems fine as-is to me.

Hmm, then AI treats the player differently. I thought it's not desired?
Would you want the AI to offer the deal at the half price and then let the humans modify the deal to min price anyway?

Proposal "Time limits on city resource (WLTKD) demands and CS quests" passed on November 1, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom