1.61? Victory Bug

Zalson

Civ-apathetic
In a recent SP, I managed to achieve the domination threshold after conquering the Malinese in 1898. The next turn (1900), the standard "Zalson has won a domination victory" flashed across the bottom of the page.

However, there was no dialog box that showed up, telling me that I had indeed won. THe game continued, w/o rhyme or reason. What gives? I just want this game to be over. I've uploaded the save from 1898 (just hit enter).

If you can get it to work, please reply. And, if you feel so kind, please upload the replay file. I just want it to end!!!

http://www.civfanatics.net/uploads11/NoVictoryAD-1898.Civ4SavedGame

Thanks.

I just checked it out and it works just fine, it does the Zalson has won a Domination victory, the movie, and the whole stats stuff and the box at the end saying whether you want to exit to main menu or one more turn.

maybe theres some setting you have? otherwise I have no idea what it could be.

try doing another game and get another victory and see if it still works for you.

If you win the game and victory menu don't appear, you must continue your military unit to be moved or put into sleep or choose the technology if the research is completed. When all tasks exhausted before turn end (following victory declared), you will get victory sequence afterward.

That happened to me. When I receive Conquest Victory, the game will not be over until I completed all tasks such put military units to sleep on current turn. Then victory sequence will occur when the turn is ready to be ended.

danielcg said:
If you win the game and victory menu don't appear, you must continue your military unit to be moved or put into sleep or choose the technology if the research is completed. When all tasks exhausted before turn end (following victory declared), you will get victory sequence afterward.

That happened to me. When I receive Conquest Victory, the game will not be over until I completed all tasks such put military units to sleep on current turn. Then victory sequence will occur when the turn is ready to be ended.
Does ist work if you force the turn to end (SHFT + ENTER)?

Nope... it never worked, no matter what I did... I actually had to reinstall Civ later that night... so it might work now.

I'm too lazy and too dejected after Monty whupped me on a Monarch game.

Hi all,

I have had similar problems. I have had the problem with all of the versions of Civ 4, not just the latest patch.

Basically if I win before the the last 100 turns is displayed on the screen then I get a a message saying that you have achieved a "...what ever way you have won..." victory. After the last 100 turns the game just continues, even if one of the AI civs achieves victory. I have tried various methods to overcome this without success.

Any help will be much appreciated.

Cheers
Steve

The folks that were having this 'game not ending' problem - did you resolve it? I am having similar issues with not getting a cultural victory even though the prerequisites had been met.

PS. I downloaded Zalson's game and can't get it to end either.

Hey. Got a similar problem. I get the win, the hall-o-fame stuff, but no movie. I have checked the options and everything seems fine. I have a 256 MB graphics card and the whole game runs smoothly, but the damn victory movies are skipped. --- Yes I have checked to make sure it is not set to "no movies". lol

Top Bottom