1 in 7 Americans on Food Stamps

What do you have against Trouts? They taste great when baked in oil with lemon drizzled on them!

It's unclear what this hypothetical situation has to do with anything we discussed last night.
My taxes are higher because of your benefits. So if we cut your benefits and you have no negotiation power to demand the taxpayers reimburse in the form of replaced cash compensation, then we have achieved your objective of reduced government spending and lower taxes and given me more money to put aside for a rainy day. The only losers here are the people with no negotiating power.

My taxes are higher because of your benefits. So if we cut your benefits and you have no negotiation power to demand the taxpayers reimburse in the form of replaced cash compensation, then we have achieved your objective of reduced government spending and lower taxes and given me more money to put aside for a rainy day. The only losers here are the people with no negotiating power.

In a way you are right. I do have bargaining power should I choose to leave the my government position. My lack of bargaining power on an individual stems directly from my compulsory participation in the union. If you cut taxes to cut my benefits then so be it. I will do exactly the same thing I did before I took the position: conduct a cost versus work analysis and determine whether the work is worth staying put. If not, I'll go bargain for another job just like anyone else can.

In a way you are right. I do have bargaining power should I choose to leave the my government position. My lack of bargaining power on an individual stems directly from my compulsory participation in the union. If you cut taxes to cut my benefits then so be it. I will do exactly the same thing I did before I took the position: conduct a cost versus work analysis and determine whether the work is worth staying put. If not, I'll go bargain for another job just like anyone else can.
So taxpayer-funded benefits were a part of your analysis? Doesn't it feel dirty that nanny-state benefits might have made the marginal difference in getting you to yes?

So taxpayer-funded benefits were a part of your analysis? Doesn't it feel dirty that nanny-state benefits might have made the marginal difference in getting you to yes?

No. Why would they be? Again, I'm not arguing against taxation.

Well the way you were talking about "the commies," you're either a liberal or a Trot.

I was responding in the same terms the other guy used. But yes, I'm a liberal. Which doesn't change the fact that I'm part of a nearly extinct breed.

No. Why would they be? Again, I'm not arguing against taxation.
It seems to be that you are:
But as TanaciousFox points out, if you are going to tax me a certain to support an unemployment before I pay my rent, can't I just get that money by not paying that tax and saving it?
Now it could be that you are arguing against your own payment of taxes and not the taxes I spend to support the nanny state looking out for you.

Top Bottom