(1-NS) Require overall delegate majority to pass sanctions and simple proposal majority to remove them

Status
Not open for further replies.

rsc2a

Warlord
From a thread several years ago that Recursive made about splitting sanctions into economic and diplomatic sanctions, I suggested the following idea that I would like to bring forth:

I like that sanctions hit so hard even though it's wrecked several of my games. But they are so overpowering they should be harder to pass.

I propose making to so that 50%+1 of all possible delegates have to vote "yes" on a sanction to pass it? On the other side, a simple majority of delegates voting on that particular resolution could vote to remove the sanction from the target civilization.

If we're counting all possible votes, it'd be better to change the voting mechanic for sanction proposals, so that votes cast on sanctions are not deducted from your total. I'm not sure about the asymmetry between pass and repeal, but I can get behind the first one.

Splitting diplo and econ would also be great though, hope recursive gets back to that. With SoIs getting less spammy we could use more proposals

The New Host special session is sort of like that, though I don't know how you'd trigger the special session. Maybe the proposal is "have a special session to sanction", and the next turn every votes again?

Proposal failed due to lack of sponsorship on October 19, 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom