(1-VT) Allow AI to be aware that miltary gifts to city States have diplomatic penalties if said AI is at war with them and/or share a border

Status
Not open for further replies.

cidk2000

Warlord
Currently the AI has no idea if the human player is sending military units to city states or gets annoyed doing so.
If this is possible to program the human player should recieve diplomatic penalties to sending troops and equipment to a city state at war with the AI and the human player should be aware of it too.

Currently the human player can see on the screen when hovering the mouse pointer over the city state units if it has come from the player only.

An example with a game: India (ai) was a war with zanibar . I have DOF with India and Allies with Zanibar, I gifted lots of units to Zanzibar and Zanzibar managed to turn the tide and survive (they were down to yellow on city health) India wasnt annoyed at all with me gifting those units. Never question at all

In the real world, sending troops and equipment in aid to countries Can cause diplomatic problems you dont have to look very far in 2022 to find current conflicts

Im wondering back in civ 5 if this can be scaled to era / culturural influence over rival civ ai for severe penalties for example if Human sending troops in information era to a city state that said city state is at war with an opposing Ideology civ ai and the human isnt an influential civ I would suspect this would cause massive diplomatic issues. in comparison to a medivial civ that no has DOF and possibly behind on tech.

The effects could be an increased difficulty in the civ state game and more late game conflicts. it would certainly add more fun to see if the human player would get caught. I feel the AI should be annoyed ending DOF etc or even declaring war in rage.

on The Human side id probably let the player figure out if the AI is sending troops to your conflict with a city state its quite easy to see thje changes in colour when the gifting happens.

You can just ask said civ to make peace with said CS (if they haven't already do it automatically after the alliance switch, which they should, else it's a bug).
Removing interesting gameplay mechanic just because it's more realistic is bad design. We also have no diplomatic penalty when killing units alone in war, which isn't realistic but good for gameplay reason.

I understand you can ask the warring AI to make peace but if your civ is gifting troops and equipment and your caught that should carry a diplomatic penalty not because troops are killed. Sometimes the AI does not want peace. Tooltip actually stated 5 turns in that the civ does not want peace with CS

Killing troops should not incur any penalty. The act of gifting should your getting involved in a war via a proxy should be. Are you not betraying you DOF

You can just ask said civ to make peace with said CS (if they haven't already do it automatically after the alliance switch, which they should, else it's a bug).
Removing interesting gameplay mechanic just because it's more realistic is bad design. We also have no diplomatic penalty when killing units alone in war, which isn't realistic but good for gameplay reason.
What removal of gameplay mechanic are you talking about? The proposal is only about more aware AI.

This is an AI improvement request and belongs on GitHub.

Proposal vetoed.

Reason:
What @Rekk said.

Reason: I was actually mistaken about the nature of this proposal. After a second reading, this is something that you could bring up in the VP Congress. However, the veto stands because the proposal is not specific enough. See https://github.com/LoneGazebo/Community-Patch-DLL/issues/9245 for explanation.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom