1 year no play, some question about the game mechanic?

myclan

King
1. What is AA gun interception range? I put it near my destroyer/fortification, but never saw it intercepting.

2. Can all the “gun” units be stacked with tank/infantry? Like AA gun, field gun, assualt gun an so on.

3. Sea unit don‘t have ZOC?

4. No counter fire and be able to move after firing, is submarine too strong?

5. Ship can only recover in city? How about land units? Inside a city/inside the border/outside the border/enemy border, is it the same?

6. Can I upgrade my unit? Like panzerI to panzerII

Thanks a lot!

1/ They only intercept on the tile they are on.

2/ Yes

3/ Yes. They'll have opportunity fire in the future.

4/ Only in one situation : when they can attack and go hide in a city the same turn. In every other case destroyers may hurt them badly.

5/ Naval units in city (or near a city with harbor only), Land unit only when they have a supply line (a territory path to a friendly city), Air unit everywhere

6/ No, the upgrade path is automated and currently limited to similar units (Panzer IV to Panzer IV G for example), but I may add a higher cost upgrade path (Panzer I to Panzer II) in the future

1/ They only intercept on the tile they are on.

2/ Yes

3/ Yes. They'll have opportunity fire in the future.

4/ Only in one situation : when they can attack and go hide in a city the same turn. In every other case destroyers may hurt them badly.

5/ Naval units in city (or near a city with harbor only), Land unit only when they have a supply line (a territory path to a friendly city), Air unit everywhere

6/ No, the upgrade path is automated and currently limited to similar units (Panzer IV to Panzer IV G for example), but I may add a higher cost upgrade path (Panzer I to Panzer II) in the future

1. So AA gun seems a little useless for it can only cover a small portion of unit, defending a city will be fine though. How about the interception range of destoryer?

4. I try to use battleship block an area of "inlandsea" with the help of the shore. Not useful in most cases maybe, but really help me to deal with the annyoing England+France navy.

Thanks again

AA gun are really usefull to protect heavily bombarded tanks. In a city they intercept 3 times but in the open they intercept all bombing mission on the tank so he got no damage (correct me if i am wrong ;)) Its a good way to save materials.

AA gun are really usefull to protect heavily bombarded tanks. In a city they intercept 3 times but in the open they intercept all bombing mission on the tank so he got no damage (correct me if i am wrong ;)) Its a good way to save materials.
Agree. But stack an AA gun with all the tank just seems ridiculous. And you hope your tank can combine with field gun to enhance their attacking power.

p.s. field gun is really powerful. Attack once by itself, further attack once when unit of the same tile attack. With NO material cost.

Not all tanks, Heavy tanks that cost lots of material to repair. They are usualy targeted by enemy bombers when in front pushing up an assault.

Agree. But stack an AA gun with all the tank just seems ridiculous. And you hope your tank can combine with field gun to enhance their attacking power.
That exactly the point: you have to make a choice.

That exactly the point: you have to make a choice.

Will you condiser removing the support fire of the field gun? It can attack twice even three (if being attacked) times per turn. Just producing great damage without losing even 1 hp. Just making infantry and tank somewhat uesless.

All ranged units have limited "fire points" in the development version.

All ranged units have limited "fire points" in the development version.

You mean limit the fire times of range units and need material & time to recover them? Excellent idea, but I think a command of "counter fire" is needed just like "interception" for air unit. When we need to save fire points just end the turn directly so counter fire will not trigger even being attacked. I still think Support fire is not necessary, it should not shoot twice just in one turn.

Ideally those abilities would be gained by promotions.

But no commands, UI + AI is too much work.

I don't want unlimited counter/support fire.

I don't want unlimited counter/support fire.

What I actually concern about is if counter/support fire can't be turn off mannually, it will cost annoying material lost if you just want to save it up

I was pondering to use "set up before firing" option for that, but it's not high in the todo list.

Anyway you'll be able to set the feature off in the defines files.

So another question. Why sea units don‘t have ZOC?It makes protecting a unit or an area rather difficult?

Top Bottom