10,000 cans of Jolt for Firaxis?

Should Firaxis forgo all sleep to make Civ4 on time?

• Yes!

Votes: 33 52.4%
  • No!

Votes: 16 25.4%
  • Are you serious?

Votes: 14 22.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Myzenium

Regent
You've probably heard by now that two features of Civ4, the pit boss and the software developer kit, are to be delayed until this winter. This is unacceptable.

Here's a poll to show Firaxis that we don't want any more feature delays on their games. We want all the game they promised us on the precise date of release. To help them along, here's a friendly suggestion!

Buy Jolt in bulk, and don't sleep a wink until Civ4 goes gold. After all, sleep is the least productive part of the workday. Sure, well over two-thirds of your team will probably suffer a nervous breakdown or resign, but the important thing is that you make excellent customer service, and produce no less than the whole game on time.

Who's with me?

(In case you haven't guessed, this entire post is a spoof. Seriously, I think Firaxis is going to do a killer job with Civ4. :goodjob: )

I rather they don't rush things being overworked. I am sure they can do much better taking more time. tweak the interface, better graphics and all features at the date of release and not afterwards.

Push back the date if necessary

ThERat said:
I rather they don't rush things being overworked. I am sure they can do much better taking more time. tweak the interface, better graphics and all features at the date of release and not afterwards.

Push back the date if necessary
I'm sure they'd love to be able to do that. :lol:

But who cares, sleep is for the weak anyways, they say. ;)

And, as an added bonus, all those total nervous breakdowns will revitalize the psychiatry business!

Most of the Civ4 production crew is probably ALREADY doing 12-16 hour days, 6 (or 7) days a week.

If the game works along with most MP modes (other than the delayed PitBoss), I say "Give it to me SOONEST!"
Not that I will have any use for any MP (well, Military Police maybe). :)

What a stupid poll!

No one's going to use the SDK in the first few months anyways, and pitboss is only one small part of MP. Geeze, lighten up!

Dale

So far almost all games I ever waited for has been delayed... What I think is funny is that Firaxis has put the releasedate earlier than first intentioned which they only should do if the game is 100% complete and bugtested.

It's really cheap to delay some features, delay the whole game rather if it's needed.

Any idea if these feature delays will be resolved with free updates or ... or ... an accursed repeat of history with the e-word?

I think they've already forgone sleep a long time ago. ;)

What makes you think they haven't already?

The Civ1 settler graphic... Someone had to point out to me, years after I started playing, that it was supposed to a wagon icon, as in settlers in a wagon moving west across North America.

I had never figured out WHAT it was supposed to be. Looked like a midget alien with a blue head, really big ears, and soft paws. :lol:

- Sirian

So are we going to get free updates? or pay for these features later?

And if free update will get the same quality? You know becuase they already have thier money whats the point in makin the feature perfect

Sirian said:
The Civ1 settler graphic... Someone had to point out to me, years after I started playing, that it was supposed to a wagon icon, as in settlers in a wagon moving west across North America.

I had never figured out WHAT it was supposed to be. Looked like a midget alien with a blue head, really big ears, and soft paws. :lol:

- Sirian
Wow, I just noticed what it was supposed to be thanks to this post, haha.

Anyway, Let's not overwork Firaxis, what if they go insane? :lol:

THAT MAENS NO MORE CIV!111

I can almost guarantee that Firaxis didn't have anything to do with the date.

Top Bottom