1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

10 Crowns

Discussion in 'Other Civ-Related Games' started by epicivfreak, Oct 14, 2018.

1. epicivfreak

epicivfreak Chieftain

I just recently found out about the announcement of 10 Crowns way back at the beginning of this year. I'm so excited about the potential of this game that it might be the first game I buy on release day since Civilization 3!

Who's with me (stoked about this game announcement, that is)?

I'm really excited by the statement about "radical innovations to the genre" on their website primarily (something Firaxis seems incapable of doing), and secondarily by the fact that Soren Johnson (because Civ4 had the best AI of the Civilization series) & Dorian Newcomb (because Civ5 had the best graphics of the Civilization series) are leads on the project.

I want it NOW! :D

2. Rup

Rup Chieftain

As much as excited I am about 10 Crowns just because of the devs involved and lack of any other game in this subgenre.
    I am glad Firaxis didn't perform radical innovation of this genre with Civilization VI as Civilization VI is one of my most favourite Civilization game(along with 4).It has the potential to be my most favourite Civilization game after the next expansion.

And I disagree with both of your points.

1:- Civilization IV does have the most competent AI but that is because of the low amount of rules involve compared to Civilization 5 and 6.Despite Civilization 4 is also my favourite Civilization game.Civilization 4 is MUCH simpler game for the AI in comparison to Civilization 6 and even 5.

2:- Civilization 5 does have a different art style compared to VI.I much prefer the 6's art style.Now art style is subjective but Civilization V does not have better visual quality than Civilization 6.Civilization 6 has a lot better graphics.

Last edited: Nov 7, 2018
  3. Cuneiform

Cuneiform Chieftain

It sounded like it could be an interesting game, but it's now been 10 months without any progress update whatsoever.

Currently filed under "Vapour-ware".

4. Rup

Rup Chieftain

It was announced in conceptual stage.So that is to be expected.However the men involved in the project can most probably pull it.