[NFP] 10 Floodplains and not one dam location

There are 10 floodplains in my city (yes, I cheated, but just to find out if I can place a dam), but not one of them can have a dam on it. I want to know why. Are dams limited to desert flood plains? Do they only work if the river is named? Are dams useless, and a waste of trying to get a major adjacency for an industrial zone?
20210525223348_1.jpg

To the mods:

Could we set up a thread, pinned to the top, which lists all of the common bugs and issues? It feels like some of these queries are coming up again and again because each person who comes here doesn't see a common resource and, understandably, doesn't want to search through all the different threads to see if there is an existing thread on their issue. I don't know if you can pin threads as an option on this forum (I dontmean the red section, I mean top of the blue, peopllemare more likely to check there), but that would be very useful. I know that there is a section of the forum dedicated to it, but people often don't check it, partly because they're not sure it is a bug, or they find it daunting or whatever. That resource is good for the regulars here, but I think it doesn't really work for new users or irregular posters, this thread might help them more. It would also be a reference point for those who come asking these questions, and allow the mods to keep the GD section a bit cleaner, rather than having a dozen threads asking why a dam can't be placed in France or whatever.

My suggestion would be to have a semi-wiki format. The original post would have all the common bugs in one single post. Later posts, submitted by any user, would be to submit new bugs for consideration for the article (only common bugs would be put into the original post to keep it from ballooning too much), updates on the status of the bug, any possible solutions, a link to the discussion of the bug in the bug report section, etc. I think it being organised into various topics would be useful (eg UI bugs, combat bugs, district placement bugs, etc), possibly a separate post for each topic. By doing it this way and dedicating the first post(s) to the bugs (as opposed to the ad hoc submissions of just people posting the bugs as they come across them), it should be much easier to find what you are looking for.

Those are my thoughts, at any rate. If the admins/mods want to set one up, I think it would be useful, personally. If you don't have the time/energy, I don't mind doing it.

Yeah the one TSL game I played I had a few great high adj IZs planned just to find out mid game I couldn't carry out my plans. This needs fixing before TSL is worth playing again.

Top Bottom