Civ5Screen0000.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    Civ5Screen0002.jpg
    352.6 KB · Views: 230
  • Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    Civ5Screen0001.jpg
    345.7 KB · Views: 208
As far as I know, some bonuses apply to TOTAL values (after maths*) and some apply to BASE Value (before maths*).

*calculations, not the in-game technology.

The key to this might come down to how things are worded. Fertility Rite's "+10% faster Growth Rate" might refer to the result of the formula (the AFTER maths that Syntax Error referred to). Temple of Artemis' "+10% faster Growth" (which does not mention Rate) may refer to the 10% being applied to the total food generated instead (the BEFORE maths bit). Rate refers to the result after the calculation, whereas not mentioning Rate means it is applied to the gross (total) production.

They should maybe change the temple describtion to 10% more food :c5food: instead of 10% growth :c5citizen: because that is what the temple does.

yes, the text should clearly show wheter its +10% food or +10% growth rate, because the first is FAR better imho.

also: monty's floating gardens seem to do +15% food :)
and the two tradition pic's do growth rate bonuses only... :(

There are a ton of inconsistencies in the Civilopedia that I really wish they would correct, and G+K introduced even more. I had actually emailed 2K a very lengthy list some time last year to try and get at least some of them cleared up but after 4 or 5 patches and an expansion without changes, I'm not holding my breath. They still haven't updated the Research Agreement one to reflect the changes they made so long ago.

There are a ton of inconsistencies in the Civilopedia that I really wish they would correct, and G+K introduced even more. I had actually emailed 2K a very lengthy list some time last year to try and get at least some of them cleared up but after 4 or 5 patches and an expansion without changes, I'm not holding my breath. They still haven't updated the Research Agreement one to reflect the changes they made so long ago.

Yes...I agree...it seems if you can look at the wording from the "right angle" it will make sense, but knowing what that "angle" is can be a bit problematic.

I suspect they had different people, at different times, with somewhat different perspectives, writing up this material. Maybe they could now have one person go through this and make it consistent....but don't hold your breath....I imagine doing this would be a lengthy and oh-so-boring assignment that no one would want to take on willingly....;)

Slightly off topic, Whats the most amount of multipliers anyone managed to get?

add follower belief of 1 food per each shrine and temple :D

yeah, but it only shows 100% but ingame it calculates
+25% on ALL the food and
+75% on your surplus food (aka growth rate)

meaning montys gardens and the temple increase the cites maximum size (by 25%)
while the rest of the bonues only make it grow faster (by 75%) to their given maximum

which is quite a difference imho:D

i wonder how many "hidden features" CIV still holds...

Haha, I didn't even pay attention to whether it said food or growth. I just get things that helps population by some arbitrary % HURR DURR

This thread is quite insightful :)

Top Bottom