10 minutes of nukes and late warfare gameplay

I'm surprised nuclear warfare isn't considered to be politically incorrect by now. Probably won't be in Civ7.
What do you mean? That nuclear warfare was politically correct in 1991, 1996, 2001, 2005 or 2010? It is probably just as scary then as it is now. I see no reason for it to be absent in civ VII.

I'm surprised nuclear warfare isn't considered to be politically incorrect by now. Probably won't be in Civ7.
Nuke by spy is probably politically incorrect now. They didn't have it in 5 (and I'm not sure if they had it in 4 or 3 either)

conventional nukes might have been politically incorrect back in 1950, but they are much more politically correct now.

Why would it be 'politically incorrect'? Spears, tanks and bombers also aren't politically incorrect.
Actually one can make the case that the use of nukes on Japan resulted in less victims due to the quick ending of the war, as the amount of victims from the fire bombing campaign in a continuation of the war would've been (and already were) many times higher than the nukes.

But all of this is quite offtopic, I believe :p

Yeah, since they are at it they should remove razing cities, actually why not make a civ game without wars or borders? Just a building simulator of hugs and kisses through the eras. That will surely improve the game because being 100% politically correct is what really matters! The hell with fun right?

Why would it be 'politically incorrect'? Spears, tanks and bombers also aren't politically incorrect.
Actually one can make the case that the use of nukes on Japan resulted in less victims due to the quick ending of the war, as the amount of victims from the fire bombing campaign in a continuation of the war would've been (and already were) many times higher than the nukes.

But all of this is quite offtopic, I believe :p

What do I mean? Can't say anything now a days without offending somebody. Before long anything that has to do with warfare will be politically incorrect. In warfare some group is always oppressed. People at the wrong end of the stick always get offended. Domination victory will be removed in the future for sure. It's inevitable.

Holy &#@ the only civ6 nuke I've seen before was some very poor version (maybe low graphic settings or earlier build) and was quite poor, this one is amazing.

What do I mean? Can't say anything now a days without offending somebody. Before long anything that has to do with warfare will be politically incorrect. In warfare some group is always oppressed. People at the wrong end of the stick always get offended. Domination victory will be removed in the future for sure. It's inevitable.

Just go away or post something on topic. The game lets you play through human history. Warfare is going no where. Don't like it? I think there is a new version of pong somewhere for you to play (although you probably think that is going away due to the fact someone could miss the ball and lose the game).

On topic:

Looks more promising than Civ5. Honestly to me how diplomacy plays into it will matter more.

Holy &#@ the only civ6 nuke I've seen before was some very poor version (maybe low graphic settings or earlier build) and was quite poor, this one is amazing.

There's two kinds of nuclear blasts in Civ6, that of the earlier atomic device, and then the thermonuclear bomb's.

Unfortunately the submarines look bad. Also I still wish we had at least two units presented (for example 2 tanks in one unit). One huge tank attacking a city isn't very satisfying (feels too empty).

Last edited:
The submarine animation makes it seem like the missile explodes in mid-flight - like it was intercepted by something.

Kinda confusing.

Meh, watching rocket artillery destroy a catapult, or a helicopter gunning down a chariot is neither fun nor interesting.

Just makes me fear how much the AI will suck if such situations where the norm in the press build

It is politically incorrect in-game. AFAIK, you get atrocious warmonger penalties to diplomacy if using nukes.

Those city-states have some pretty outdated units. Helicopter gunning down warriors is amusing.

Edit: Even when contemporary, the AI doesn't seem to employ good tactics. It spreads its bombardments around rather than focus-firing. Too bad.

Last edited:
Very good stuff... yet some flaws it seems the AI has problems upgrading their units and keeping them up with the error. This should be able to be fixed by the developers. Now they just gotta fix it ....

Very good stuff... yet some flaws it seems the AI has problems upgrading their units and keeping them up with the error. This should be able to be fixed by the developers. Now they just gotta fix it ....

This may be because warriors can't upgrade to swordsmen unless they have iron, and a city-state is unlikely to have iron given how scarce iron is. Still, they should really disband old military units and build new resourceless ones at least.

Last edited:
Top Bottom