100% CPU usage

Brain

Lost in thought
I noticed that sometimes Firefox drives CPU usage to 100% when viewing this web site, but it never happens for other sites. Are your ads doing something weird by any chance?

I haven't encountered anything like that yet. But someone mentioned a Dungeon Siege ad in another thread... Could that be the ad you saw when that happened?

madviking said:
I'm using the Crtl+atl+del pop up to track my cpu usage. So far it hasn't gone more than 30%

I have a little program called Ram Idle that tells me my CPU usage and it sits in the taskbar.

Ok this just happened to me. I tried to see the ad but the computer wouldn't scroll up to it. The CPU was at 100% my computer locked up, I couldn't call up the task manager and my keyboard would lock up every so often. I was able to close Firefox after 5 minutes but that didn't solve the problem. Had to shut the computer off manually :mad: :mad:

Duke of Marlbrough said:
I occasionally get/got 100% CPU usage and that was well before the DS ad. Once it started it stayed. I would just have to close out of all my CFC windows for it to go away.
I've now got it with other adds than the Dungeonsiege one.

It goes away if you click away to another page ... most of the time.

Thunderfall said:
I haven't encountered anything like that yet. But someone mentioned a Dungeon Siege ad in another thread... Could that be the ad you saw when that happened?
I never look at the adds anyway so I wouldn't know, but I know some bad Flash plugins use 100% CPU.

I have the same problem with some of the ads. It usually doesn't cause lock-ups or crashes but it's still annoying to need to reload things, especially since I browse with tabs and usually have 2-3 tabs open on CFC.

Just happened now.

One window open, the only ad showing is from the Red Cross at the bottom of the screen.

Attachments

• Max_CPU.jpg
    Max_CPU.jpg
    2.3 KB · Views: 153
Duke of Marlbrough said:
Just happened now.

One window open, the only ad showing is from the Red Cross at the bottom of the screen.

So it must happen with IE also, I've never really noticed but I'm assuming these ads are animated graphicly intense which would cause the hogging of processor usuage.

It often happens to me, most oftenly it also happens when I reach 100% RAM usage. Ill post up a screenshot of my CPU monitor.

The Last Conformist said:
Could be coincidence, but I've not had the problem since I reinstalled WinXP on monday.

I haven't seen it in a little over a week and I haven't reinstalled XP.

Top Bottom