1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

100 ICBMs all at once

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by numidian, Jan 21, 2006.

1. numidian

numidian Chieftain

anybody nuked a player with more than 100? India is awash in orange goo at the moment and ghandhi is not too pleased. :nuke:

2. Stonegate

Stonegate Chieftain

Once the Aztecs threw a nuke at one of my cities, apparently for no reason other than to do it. At the time I had about 150 nukes. I blasted them all in one move. The cities were reduced to next to nothing. They were still standing but just by a hair.:lol:

3. Bugfatty300

Bugfatty300 Buddha Squirrel

Back when I playing the original CIII game, I used that one bug to get trillions of gold from an AI civ.

I then rushed nukes in every city and attemped nuked every tile on the map to see what happens with the global warming feature. I did that until the game crashed.

4. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

Yes, no need to use more than three on any one city. each does half of the hit points to units, so three kills all units.

Well I guess if you want to drop a city to size 1, you could use more than three. The global warming will never stop after that and can get very annoying.

5. jb1964

jb1964 Hunter of Fish

I had a nice save once where I was taking my time getting to space and had about 25 nukes on hand. One Saturday morning I came downstairs to find my boys laughing hysterically as they had fired up my save and were putting the “atomic slap-down” on Shaka. He probably had it coming.

6. Grant_Hitchcock

Grant_Hitchcock Chieftain

I made my own map to see how red I could make the sun go. i gave every team about 50 nuxes then started atomic war. The world went orange.

7. Grant_Hitchcock

Grant_Hitchcock Chieftain

sorry for my spelling.:)

8. madviking

madviking north american scum

Apparently, mounts/hills turn into grass and oceans turn into desert! :lol:
    I wonder if you can turn the world into a giant desert, with *gasp* desert fish and whales! :lol:

9. Mirc

Mirc Not mIRC!!!

I threw 50 most. Never tried more than that. But I could take a scenario and add about 200 nukes to one of my cities, then I could throw them the same turn.

10. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

I hope you do not plan to plan very many turns after that. The msgs about global warming will drive you nuts. I have seen up to 30 a turn after a scores of nukes launched. I forget how many turns beofre they show up, but I wore out my escape key.

11. Ansar

Ansar Détente avec l'été

Does everything become desert at one point?:dubious:

12. vmxa

vmxa Deity Supporter

I would think you would have to play way past the 540 turn limit, but I suppose it could. I think I would have had enough long before that.

13. ac196nataku

ac196nataku Noob

That would give the AGR civs quite an advantage eh? :rolleyes:

I wasn't aware you could change water tiles. I was just tihnking the other day about what happens to hills and mountains :lol:.

14. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

I launched more than 500 nukes at one point. The world was quite orangey and deserty.

15. MajorFallout

MajorFallout Battalion-Command

One time I launched a nuke attack on a little island with pesky barbs on it! :lol:
    Blasted the lot of em back to the stone age, and the grave! ;)

16. Arcades057

Arcades057 Warlord

I usually turn a couple cities of mine into ICBM factories, make about 20-30 nukes in each city, then save. I then nuke every enemy city on the map at least once. :goodjob: I don't ever recall having global warming problems, but I get nukes around the 1500's.

BTW, the nuclear subs suck. I try to remember and mod my ships to be better (12 nukes per sub, more like real life; make the ICBMs cost a little more, stuff like that) but whenever I play vanilla I hate them. When I play MY mods, I love them.

17. SuperBeaverInc.

SuperBeaverInc. Groucho

I've never launched more than about 20 at once. Still fun nonetheless. :D

18. silver 2039

silver 2039 Deity

You should try. I launched 500 in this game. 2 or 3 nukes for every city, 4 for each capital, and I nuked all th emajor infastructure in between. Global warming was insane. The little sun turned red. :lol: Quite a memorable game that was.

19. GoodGame

GoodGame Red, White, & Blue, baby!

The single lethal nuke on Regicide is funny too. Two continents extinct (mass cult suicide?) due to one lucky hit on the leader unit.

20. rujikin

rujikin Off raiding a city

I think that industry & Pop makes more pollution then nukes. Unless you make nothing but nukes and launch a couple hundred