1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

"100"k Culture Requirements

Discussion in 'Civ3 - Strategy & Tips' started by 3Davideo, Mar 12, 2010.

1. 3Davideo

3Davideo Chieftain

I'm trying a "100"k nation-wide cultural victory for the second time (first went to conquest instead). I've heard dimly that the amount of culture required for a nation-wide cultural victory changes on map size, but I can't find what the exact values are. I have vanilla. Any help?

2. vmxa

vmxa Chieftain

check on it in the editor, but it is probably the same as C3C. 100K std map, 130K large and 160 huge iirc. It also has to be twice the amount of the next nation, so 100K could require more, if some had 60K.

3. Lord Emsworth

Lord Emsworth Chieftain

Vanilla is 100K (and twice as much as No 2) on any map.

4. keldr

keldr Eppur si muove

The values used in the HoF are:
    Tiny: 60k
    Small: 80k
    Standard: 100k
    Large: 130k
    Huge: 160k

You can change this yourself in the setup screen where you also choose your civ. Those are the standard values used in C3C (and I think PtW?). As mentioned by vmxa and Lord Emsworth these values depend on You having at least twice as much culture as #2.

5. 3Davideo

3Davideo Chieftain

I'm getting contradictory information. I have Vanilla, so I don't care about C3C or PTW. I have a Mac, so I can't check the editor.

6. creamcheese

creamcheese Spreading since 1990

In vanilla it is always 100k, regardless of map size.

7. Jivilov

Jivilov Chieftain

What happens if a Civ gets knocked out of the game? Do its culture points count anymore, or are they removed from calculation?

Reason I ask is 'cuz in a current game (Portugal on Emperor, standard map) the Maya were accumulating culture like crazy. In order to prevent a culture win I invaded and--after much bitter combat--deracinated their biggest cities. Question is, if Maya are destroyed what happens with their culture points ? Would the next-cultured Civ have to get twice as many as Maya, or does Maya's score no longer count? Thanks.