1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

100+ Killed in India Bombings

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by emzie, Jul 11, 2006.

1. Bozo Erectus

Bozo Erectus Master Baker

Its meaningless.

2. Ginger_Ale

Ginger_Ale Lurker Retired Moderator

It is very sad to see that the terrorists are now targeting a wider variety of citizens. :( No longer is it just Westerners...my simpathies go to those affected.

3. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

When will the Muslims stop this madness?

How terrible for the people in Mumbai. I have family living near the Santacruz station; luckily they are okay.

It is a wonder that most armed conflict in the world can be traced to these fundamentalists.

~Chris

4. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

READ !!
    "There was no immediate claim of responsibility in the bombings"

5. sonorakitch

sonorakitch Overseas hunter

Oh come on man. Who do you think did it...those Buddhist terrorists? :rolleyes:

I guess we'll see...

~Chris

6. Eran of Arcadia

Eran of Arcadia Stormin' Mormon Retired Moderator

The Sunshine and Lettuce Capital of the World
  7. Bozo Erectus

Whether or not anyone claims responsibility, people are capable of formulating opinions as to who committed the atrocitiy. Anyway, within a very short period of time, we'll all know they did it.

8. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

Don't be naive, Islamics been doing these sorts of attacks in India for donkey years and there are sections of the Hindu faith which retaliate in kind. Think the Koran comes with a popout section with instructions on how to bomb trains however, a real favorite with the Islamic Fundamentalist.

9. Japanrocks12

Japanrocks12 tired of being a man

My condolences to anyone who has been affected by the blasts.

I agree with the moderators here, there shouldn't be an implication of a Muslim terrorist attack here. The crime lords of India are pretty brutal too.

10. Rik Meleet

Rik Meleet Top predator Retired Moderator

Who I think did it is of no importance. The only thing in that area that has importance is "who did it" and as long as no official statement from the Mumbai officials has been released there will be no finger-pointing on CFC.

Moderator Action: Unjustified blaming will be considered trolling on CFC
    Please read the forum rules: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=422889

11. TrailblazingScot

TrailblazingScot I was kittenOFchaos

2 + 2 = 5 eh?

12. Bozo Erectus

Latest update from yahoo news:
    http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060711...XsA9Qus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

13. allhailIndia

allhailIndia Deity

As it happens, nobody I know of has been directly affected by the bomb blasts, though I extend my most heart-felt sympathies with the long-suffering mumbaikars who have to face yet another man-made tragedy...

Whoever the attackers, they carried out a very co-ordinated, deadly attack which was aimed at trying to maximize casualties since they chose rush-hour to detonate the serial blasts. The aim was not a 'message' or a 'call for attention', rather than a cold-blooded attempt to slaughter as many people as possible. All the hallmarks of recent Lashkar - e- Toiba and similar terrorist organizations.

Can't decide whom I should be more angry at; the terrorists who did this, or an inept, spineless government whose idea of dealing with terrorists is to repeal as many anti-terror legislations as possible and hell-bent on encouraging nepotism and favouritism in defence and intelligence services....

14. Leha

Leha ooseepoosee

My condolences to people of India.

Terrible....just terrible.

15. Little Raven

Little Raven On Walkabout

While respecting the mods position against finger pointing, let us speculate for a moment that this attack was carried out by Lashkar-e-Toiba or Jaish-e-Mohammed or a similar organization. They are, after all, the most likely culprits by several orders of magnitude.

(For those who do not recognize the names, they are both militant groups dedicated to freeing Kashmir from what they view as Indian occupation. They both base their ideology in radical Islam and neither is shy about racking up civilian casualties. India continues to accuse Pakistan of supporting such groups, Pakistan continues to deny any such association.)

What would the appropriate Indian response to such a scenario be? More anti-Terror legislation? Frostier relations with Pakistan? (Is such a thing even possible?) Allowing a democratic vote in Kashmir to determine if it wishes to remain part of India?

Rik has a hard enough job as it is, so everyone remember - this is just a hypothetical scenario. As best I can find, there is currently no information on who exactly is behind the bombings. So keep the fingers in the holsters. ;)

16. Dawgphood001

Dawgphood001 The Professional Poster

It could just be common gangsters.

Dawood Ibrahim, an Indian organized crime kingpin, was responsible for the similar Bombay Bombings in 1993. The motivations may have been religious in nature, but it was nonetheless a mere gangster trying to solidify his rep.

So don't jump to conclusions.

17. Bozo Erectus

The death toll has reached 147:

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060711...SEBNgus0NUE;_ylu=X3oDMTA2Z2szazkxBHNlYwN0bQ--

18. Syterion

Syterion Voodoo Economist

My great aunt was on one of the trains and got off right before it exploded. She was rattled but she's fine.

19. Fox Mccloud

Fox Mccloud Deity

Terrible. Hopefully, one day, those murdurers will be brought to justice.

20. jalapeno_dude

jalapeno_dude AKA Panda Judo Eel

Attack on London-7/7. It's coincidence.

How terrible--hopefully this won't heighten tensions between India and Pakistan, but it probably will. :(