1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

When interviewing for a job and you're asked to describe yourself in a few words, you select exactly two from the following list:

Charismatic
Financial
Organized
Philosophical
Expansive
Aggressive
Protective
Imperialistic
Spiritual

3099: You assume yturk39 really hates Louis, since he left out Creative and Industrious. :D Shoot, aside from Financial and maybe Organized, those are probably the two best traits to bring up in an interview.

3100: You start assiging movie-cliche attributes to how any pairing of leader traits would play out in the business world.

AGG/EXP- Shaka would be the cutthroat corporate raider, always looking for a new business to take over.

FIN/IND- Huayna would be the guy that bankrolls huge skyscrapers and visits the work site every day in a $40,000 suit and a five-dollar hard hat.

CHA/ORG- Nappy would be the ideal boss- everybody likes him and he can actually keep everybody's crap straight.

SPI/PHI- Gandhi is that underling tasked with coming up with flowery-sounding mission statements, who always manages to incorporate some weird from of pseudo-religious wording in the motivational pictures.

AGG/PRO- Toku would be the uber-psychotic janitor that spends all weekend waxing the floors with a toothbrush and snarls at anybody who tries to walk on them Monday morning.

3099: You assume yturk39 really hates Louis, since he left out Creative and Industrious. :D

Could be. Those are significant omissions.

Shoot, aside from Financial and maybe Organized, those are probably the two best traits to bring up in an interview

Well, Creative/Expansive wouldn't sound too bad for a startup position either.

:lol:

I knew I was leaving some out...

And yes, I hate Louis "hairdo" XIV

I actually like Creative as a trait. I hardly ever play any leader with Industrious.

...and I love the comments, Mulatto! :lol:

'I'm aggressive and spiritual, these are my two most important perks'
'So you punch people in the face when they are of a different faith?'
'Wait, that's not what I me-'
'Get out.'

PRO/FIN: Wang Kong is the guy who wears tinfoil hats and buries his money in mason jars in the masses of property he owns out in the sticks, so everyone thinks he's dirt poor but then come to find out later he's worth millions, even though he never does anything with the money for fear that "they" will come get him.

You deliberately give savages an advantage in street fights by handing them some weapons first!

Spoiler :
(give barbs starting techs on DEITY)

3102. You think that if you flank your enemy, it helps you to retreat in case of defeat, not prevent your enemy from retreating.

You could no longer pay your power bill, so the power company cuts your power source off. Either:
3104. You invade them and demand unlimited power for your computer so that you can play Civ, or
3105. You build a windmill/watermill by your house.

3106. Or you build the Three Gorges Dam so that your neighbors can have power too.

3107: You are afraid to ask favors from your friends (-1: you made an arrogant demand!), or say no to them (-1: you refused to help us!). You also unfriended on Facebook anyone your best friends don't get along with, to avoid -4: you traded with our worst enemies!

Above all, you are most worried that saying no too many times to your friends will lead to a DoW. To prepare for that, you go to the local hardware store and rush buy stacks of axes.

3109) You've decided never to marry anyone because it could ruin Your country diplomatic relations

You watch 300 through the lens of BtS:

3110: That one Spartan phalanx must've had Combat 1-6, Medic 1-3, Cover, and Shock. Good thing it had a GG (Leonidas) attached. Probably had Leadership too.

3111: It baffles you that Xerxes sent in his Immortals without their horses- but maybe he knew that the Phalanx was +100% against chariot units 'cuz it's based on a Spearman.

3112: It further baffles you that the Immortals were obviously Samurai. What does Tokugawa have to say about the unlawful use of his UU?

3113: You know that Xerxes would've won the battle of Thermopylae easily if he just gave axes to the first few spearmen he sent in. Too bad upgrades don't work that way.

3114: You recognize Ephialtes as a GSpy and realize Xerxes used Ehpialtes' invisibility to walk through the Spartans and find the goat path. But you wonder what happened to Ephialtes after the battle. Did he create 3000 EPs against the Greeks later on? Was an ancient Scotland Yard built in Persepolis?

3115: You almost feel bad for the Persian scouts who were used as mortar in the Greek wall- but what was Xerxes thinking, sending a 1:strength: unit against an elite phalanx? Was he expecting to find wolves, or lions, or something?

3116: Wait a minute, how'd that wall get there, anyway? Leonidas didn't bring any Workers, how'd they build a Fort? Worldbuilderin' cheaters...

3111: It baffles you that Xerxes sent in his Immortals without their horses- but maybe he knew that the Phalanx was +100% against chariot units 'cuz it's based on a Spearman.

3112: It further baffles you that the Immortals were obviously Samurai. What does Tokugawa have to say about the unlawful use of his UU?

Unlimited leaders, with an extra leader mod can give you Xerxes of Japan. :p

Top Bottom