1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

ad. 3147. They ARE the best ..... in theory ;) Real live prove them wrong but due to Civ 4 You still think that they can work ! ;) and when You think of it ... Communism is not about state property only and slavery is just immoral and evil but it worked pretty well in the past (communism did not which is-should be (curiously enough) exactly the opposite of the slavery - turn out to be it counterpart thanks to people like uncle Stalin - disgusting traitor btw. imho) ... well coming to conclusions : modern society considers both slavery and communism to be evil and bad but we like them in Civ 4 ..... You wonder what the hell is wrong with us .... is corporate minimum wage and a debt in a bank just another form of slavery .... ?

3150: But I play Civ 4 too much too think about all that ! :)

edit : 3150 is the current count ;) (with this post)

3150: But I play Civ 4 too much too think about all that ! :)

edit : 3150 is the current count ;) (with this post)

3151: You see the numbers 3150 in conjunction with the word Civilization and you immediately think your in the FE of C2C.

3152, expanding on the points on communism: You think it´s bad for Russia that the Soviet Union fell, because they had a really good shot at winning Domination and the optimal civics combination for it. Their only real competitor was America, so they just needed to launch a 1 turn full-scale invasion to conquer them before they could get off any nukes. I´m pretty sure they had some Commando units lying around to capture the inland cities on the same turn too. Unfortunately they somehow got it in their head that America had completed the SDI, so they probably feared that their nukes get intercepted and that their conventional forces weren´t strong enough to take out the defenses in the coastal cities in a single turn. On the other hand America had several Defensive Pacts, so unless Russia was able to 1-turn kill all of them at the same time an invasion might not be the best idea after all.
Still, they could have at least tried to bribe China or India or someone else to DoW on America first.

3146. You wonder why the cold war occurred between the USA and the USSR because civics don't affect relations negatively, right?

It has nothing to do with civics. Their spies were caught causing trouble.

Still, you´d think the plus from the mutual war would last a little longer. Then again, both civs had plenty of Vassals, so that might be what was dragging down the relations.

"You refused to accept our favourite civic!" :mad:
"You refused to accept our favourite civic!" :mad:

Yeah, stupid AI with their stupid requests all the time:

"No, Stalin, I will not switch away from Free Market. Have you any idea how many GPs I needed for all the corps I founded? Why don´t you switch away from State Property instead?"

"Well excuuuuuse me, but have you taken a look at how my cities are placed? My distance from Palace maintenance in Siberia alone would kill me, and that´s not even getting into the fact that I spent the last 40 or so turns building Workshops and Watermills all over the place."

3154. You rejoice at the necro, even though you have nothing to add.

or BE

Top Bottom