1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

Discussion in 'Civ4 - General Discussions' started by Eclipse-X010, Jun 30, 2008.

1. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

2309:

You don't get the sad irony of 2307.

2. Yoshiegg737

Yoshiegg737 Jungo Jungo

Guilty :D

3. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

2309. You discover that there are still things in this thread that make you laugh out loud, even if it's just your own inadequacy as a mathematician.

4. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

2310. You try to discover whether Mongolia has a secret space program.

5. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

2312: You're amazed that Öjevind Lång got his numbers right this time.

6. mystyfly

mystyfly Knight of Cydonia

2312: You miscalculate other's number skipping...

7. Jarlaxe Baenre

Jarlaxe Baenre Emperor

2314: You have conversations over this thread.

2315: You defend yourself by saying that you were half-asleep at that time, and correct yourself by deleted the evidence.

8. cardgame

cardgame Obsessively Opposed to the Typical

2316: You say 'end turn' out loud every time you stop moving.

9. TheMulattoMaker

TheMulattoMaker Dictator of RF

That one's kinda almost true... :(

I was thinking something very similar to this yesterday... Civ becomes life... so:

2317: You wonder how in the world people come across bears and wolves in Alaska, as the entire state lies within American cultural borders.

...and...

2318: You wonder how 2315 got skipped, and realize that you're either really confused due to sleep deprivation, or you accidently hit "end turn" again before moving your units.

2319: You wonder how, let alone why, the Washington Monument was ever built, as Astronomy was discovered a long time before America was even a country.

2320: You're scared to ask your jarhead friends what they think about being "replaced" by Navy SEALs.

2321: You petition your city council to cut down a bunch of trees out in the suburbs so that new skyscraper they just started building will be done by tomorrow.

2322: You wonder why that city council hasn't responded to things like West Nile and the swine flu by trading some gems for deer.

2323: Or maybe, instead, let's leave the forest there, jump into Slavery, and kill off some undesirables. The building will still be done tomorrow, we won't lose our +2:health:, and we only have to wait five turns to go back to Emancipation.

2324: You've sat here for at least two or three turns thinking up new reasons when you should be asleep. I'm sure that one is some sort of repeat in this thread...

2325: And one more. Your units of time are "turns" and not "minutes" or "hours".

2326: The "one more turn" mentality has affected you to the point that it kicks in when you're not even playing the game. Somebody help me... just can't stop...

2327: You're forcing yourself to go to bed, but you just know that as soon as you lie down, you'll think of 2328.

10. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

2328. You dream that if you capture the enemy's capital, you'll get to see a really hot chick as a reward. (Sorry. It happened to me last night.)

I laughed at TheMulattoMaker's examples above, espcially 2318.

11. cabert

cabert Big mouth

I laughed too.
    I always laugh when I see America and culture in the same phrase.

12. AlphaShard

AlphaShard Emperor

Really? What do you call story's like Paul Bunyan, John Henry, and anything else from the Wild West? What do you call our authors like Mark Twain? Of course America has culture.

13. cabert

cabert Big mouth

first, you shouldn't take forum messages too seriously, more so when it's in an humoristic thread
    second, when you go for a cultural victory starting 5000 years after others, it's a bit hard to be competitive ;)

14. AlphaShard

AlphaShard Emperor

I was being senstive about the issue, that joke just rubs me the wrong way especially when some are very condensending about American culture.

This statement though I can live with, we are pretty far behind, China is the farthest ahead of everybody. At least we are beating Germany.

15. cabert

cabert Big mouth

2329 You count every real country's great artists to check if one is going for culture.

In my count Germany could be on the right tracks (think about all those great composers!)
    Of course, they did burn all their books, somehow they might have burnt their great artists away in the same fire...
    Is Rome going to win of these days?

16. Archon_Wing

Archon_Wing Vote for me or die

I think really highly of American culture since

2330: You believe people are worried that the U.S. is culture flipping their cities
    2331: When sitting on a bus or subway, you automatically hate the person next to you because "our close borders spark tensions"
    2332: You think it's always too crowded, no matter how big your house is or even if you're the only person there.
    2333: The words on your tombstone read: Just... one more turn....
    2334: You look at a map and complain there's too many other towns overlapping your BFC; then declare whoever built this civilization to be a noob.

17. PreLynMax

PreLynMax Your Lord and Master

...or you can do what I did. Put him in your rubbish bin.
    His anti-American bull<snip> will not stand.
    See you in hell, terrorist! :lol::lol:

18. Öjevind Lång

Öjevind Lång Deity

2335: You think 2333 actually contains a profound truth.

19. Eklabiaan

Eklabiaan Chieftain

2336 : You design a watch with only one hand, which counts 'turns' instead of hours/minutes/seconds
    2337 : This watch can be configured for the starting era, Mod and hardware you play on.
    2338 : This watch has a "We love the player" tune for when you play way past midnight
    2339 : you find you have to hide this watch from your parents/wife/girlfriend

20. Eklabiaan

Eklabiaan Chieftain

2340 : you start making a living from commercializing these clues...;)