1000 Clues You Play Civ IV Too Much

Eclipse-X010

Imperial Ascended Being
Tasking Orders: After looking through the forums and realizing their was no "1000 Reasons You Play Civ IV too much" thread already started I decided to start one myself after reading the hilariously funny thread "1000 Reasons You play Civ 3 too much". I'm hoping everyone can submit at last 1 clue (if not more), I will begin by submitting 20.

NOTE: For those of you who have read 1000 Clues you play Civ 3 too much thread, try not to use repeats of that thread

now without further ado

1000 Clues You Play Civilization 4 Too Much

1) Your doctor diagnosed you with TMCFS (Too Much civ 4 syndrome)

2) You decide too start a religion called "Civilizationism'

3) The above religion flourishes and you use the money you save from taxes to buy a car that has an autopilot so you can play Civ $ on your way to work

4) Your friend walks in on you playing Civ for the 31st time in a row and says simply: you need help

5) You know Sid Meyers personally and not for a good reason

6) The people in the afore mentioned religion erect a 60 foot tall statue of Sid and call it "Sido Rendo"

7) You call the White House and ask to speak to President Roosevelt

8) When people tell you George Bush is president you wonder why he isn't in Civ 4

9) You start a protest against the Iraq war singing: War! What is it good for, absolutely nothing!!!

10) You actually think a nuke won't destroy a city

11) You wonder why we didn't just build SDI during the Cold War

12) You start a crusade against every religion incept for Confucianism saying "I always win when I play as them"

13) You think America was established in 4000 B.C.

14) You think that in the next 50 years the world will be fighting with dreadnoughts and assault mechs

15) You see a ride called "Montezooma's Revenge" at an amusement park and wonder why he wants revenge seeing as he always wins

16) You think the Deity level is too easy

17) You are shoched when you are told America has both marines AND Navy Seals

18) You believe the Persians had armies of thousands of immortals

19) You watch the movie "300" and the first thing that comes to your mind is : Stupid Persians, using archers to attack instead of defend

20) You Build your house on a hill with a forest between to rivers because you want a defense bonus.

21: You suffer from S.W.S

For anyone who wants to read it, here's the link to 1000 Clues You Play Civ3 Too Much.

1000 Clues You Play Civ3 Too Much

22. You wonder why the Spain didn't found Hinduism. The only way India could have snagged both it and Buddhism is if Isabella didn't even try.

23. Everything around you is reduced to Civilization terms. For example, on a train through the New Forest (around Southampton) I thought to myself, "Oh look...a source of Horse."

24. You tear apart your neighbors vegetable garden hoping to get some gold for pillaging it.

25. (Mainly for female players) Your boyfriend/husband asks for something and you slap him across the face and say "YOU CAN'T DO THAT!", then you give him bedroom eyes and flip your hair.

26. You, the boyfreind/husband LIKE it!

27. You actually use the Alarm function in the options menu to know it's time to go to work / school.

28. You're chewing something crunchy and you think, "THE ENEMY HAS BEEN SPOTTED..." (This happened on the way home as I was munching on pretzels lol)

29. You have a dream that Civ 5 came out, and of coarse, you buy it on instinct without even taking a look at it. After buying it, you go home and look at the box... The minimum requirments say at least 6.something GHz... So of coarse, you dont even try playing it... Yes stupid I know...

31. After meeting someone for the first time you give him 20g to improve relations.

32. You buy a ship to sail around the globe to improve your ship's speed.

33. You wonder why not every country has its Globe Theatre, Mount Rushmore, Oxford University and Wall Street.

34. You watch the presidential debate and think "Now there's a politician even I wouldn't sleep with"

35. (I know its from the civ3 clues but its still great) Instead of walking, you now "go to".

36. (BTS) You think getting hit by a big rock or a cannonball doesn't kill you.

37. You think Al Gore really DID invent the internet

38. You can't eat your banana in the morning becuase you don't have a calendar in your kitchen

39. You're depressed/overjoyed (depending on your opinion of him) that George W Bush won't rule for 6000 years!

40. You spent 4 hours at work reading the "1000 clues you play Civ 3 too much" and wonder why no one has started one for Civ 4 and then spend 4 hours at work thinking of ones to post when then 1000 clues for Civ 4 thread got started - I'M GUILTY LOL

41. You promote Anarchy so you don't have to pay taxes

42. You see smog outside and think building an aqueduct will clear it up.

43. You wonder why stoned looking hippie chicks don't show more cleavage

44. You meet a stoned looking hippie chick and then you're GLAD they don't show more cleavage!

(Sorry I haven't researched mathemaics yet, I'm still on Masonry lol)

@blackrabbit: check your numbering ;)

45. You tell your children (babys) that they can't play with eachother as they can't enter eachother's territory as they don't know how to write yet.

34. You watch the presidential debate and think "Now there's a politician even I wouldn't sleep with"
Kinky if it's the wrong one. Mind you, the number of crushes I've had on people, what Chatty Cathy doesn't want, Crowqueen will have happily :D (this from someone who was "gone" on John Major at the age of 12 and found Michael Howard even more charming in real life than his vampire image made him seem...). David Cameron, Blair and Brown have too many teeth to be sexy, though when Brown smiles he looks like my Uncle Ian, so that's a plus in my book. Barack would be sexy (kind of Justinian meets Mansa Musa) if he gave any intimation of knowing what to do if he got the presidency, and McCain...I wouldn't say no. Would get my vote if I had one.

47. You read the newspapers and (a) believe it's Anarchy (1) at the moment, (b) wonder whether it has been Anarchy (5) and (c) wonder what the Civic change the government is going to implement next.

48. You spend your nights while trying to sleep making up stories about what your Civ cities would look like in reality.

49. You spend most of the time not playing reading up on ancient history just to find out who Justinian and Gilgamesh and Cyrus of Persia actually were.

51. When you become a politician, your greeting to foreign dignitaries goes like, "Is that a treaty in your pocket or are you just excited to see me?"

52. Someone gets right up in your face and you say "Hey back up there Cyrus!"

53. Someone asks to borrow your Civ disc and you say "You can have it when you pry it from my cold dead hands!"

54. You and your partner finish, well you know, and you say "Just one more turn"

This one is for the guyr, don't laugh cuz you did it today!

55. You refer to "it" as "Peter the Great!" and you talk about how "expansive" he is

56. You're the only one who hears the "mua ha ha" laugh at the end of your turn

Top Bottom