1. We have added a Gift Upgrades feature that allows you to gift an account upgrade to another member, just in time for the holiday season. You can see the gift option when going to the Account Upgrades screen, or on any user profile screen.
    Dismiss Notice

1000 Clues You Play Civilization V Too Much.

Discussion in 'Civ5 - General Discussions' started by Darth Caesar, Sep 19, 2010.

1. ajcrocks

ajcrocks Chieftain

540. You go to the fridge, find a whole drawer of apples and exlaim to your wife, "What are you trying to do? We can't afford a larger family. We need to change our focus." The next day your wife returns home to a fridge full of hammers.

541. At a brainstorming session on how to increase productivity you suggest to go to building management with a plan to turn the indoor farmers market into a mine.

2. blackcatatonic

blackcatatonic Queen of Meme

Sheer brilliance.

3. ajcrocks

ajcrocks Chieftain

542. Not even Katy Perry's latest catchy song can find a spot in your head against the CiV playlist monopoly.

4. Gzz

Gzz Warlord

543 You wonder on what tile of what terrain your city is founded
    544 You ask to a Catholic why his faith took "Papal Supremacy" instead of "Ceremonial Burial"

5. ajcrocks

ajcrocks Chieftain

545. Sorry Civ 4 story here, but it I'm sure I'll eventually have a similar one here:
    You win the trivia contest on your cruise ship because you were the only one to submit the answer of Vienna after the first clue which was 'Once the capital of the Holy Roman Empire'

6. ajcrocks

ajcrocks Chieftain

546. You look up at the night sky and think, "I hope Earth never gets into an inter-galactic war against whoever's out there with all those Great Generals"

7. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

547: You wonder why you are coughing and sneezing, health doesn't exist anymore!
    548: You see tall people and think that they must be in the military.
    549: Polynesia was united under Kamehameha, right?

8. ArnoldI

ArnoldI When in doubt, go Tradition

550: you ask yourself what is the game size of the world, because there are more religions here, than the game allows.
    551: you wonder how kind of super OP UA the Papal States have, because they seem to have chosen more than six beliefs for their religion.
    552: why didn't the US bombarded Kyoto and got Japan out of a Domination VC possibility right in the WWII?
    553: you think that Hitler used a mod to slow down the game and may adopt the whole autocracy branch in about six years.

9. epicbert

epicbert Chieftain

I hate you.

10. epicbert

epicbert Chieftain

564: you answer yes to any of these posts.

11. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

I think the numbering is off.

12. ArnoldI

Fixed. Thanks, man.

13. trexeric

trexeric (or backwards 'cirexert')

555: You dream of world conquest, only to wake up to find Attila took your capital.
    556: Every time you hear "Physics" in your physics class, you think of the technology.

14. Heerlo

Heerlo Jedi Master Hearlo

557:You look at a metal baseball bat, and try to figure out how much aluminum it took to make it.Surely something that small would only take one!

Me and my brother were playing ball, and he was using a wooden bat.He later switched, and started using a metal bat, and said that he found a source of aluminum, or something like that.

15. ArnoldI

558: you think that your chemistry teacher must be a warmonger, because all he does is beeline to Cannons.

16. Jerman

Jerman Would you like a Trade Agreement?

I'd post that here: http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=280976 (its in the 2000 it think)

EDIT: it just hit 3000

17. epicbert

epicbert Chieftain

You wonder why America doesn't build observatories/mines on the appilachians; it would really increase our science/production output.

18. Socratatus

Socratatus Emperor

559: You believe that even small battles or wars take tens of years to finish.

(someone may already have said this).

19. Jerman

Jerman Would you like a Trade Agreement?

That was me

Look at number 2

20. Kark

Kark Mad berserker

560: You ask a policeman why they only are concentrating on spies, ignoring the barbarians robbing the city.