1000 reasons why you're disappointed

dot

crossing the i's
Hi all,

before Civ5 has been released we've been collecting clues that we were anticipating Civ5 too much. Since the game is out now - and first reports about games and bugs and issues and whatnot have been written - I thought we might as well make a negative collection. So, without further ado:

Why are you disappointed with Civ5?

Spoiler disclaimer :
Admittedly this idea might have been inspired by the fact that I haven't gotten the game yet.
Neither will I be able to play it for another couple of months.​

:twitch:

Could you be a tad bit more specific here? Thanks.

They dont exist..along with civics.

The silly notion that archers can shoot over mountains and your riflemen have to run up to them face to face to return fire.. etc etc I could go on all day but theres plenty of complaining/whining about this in previous threads here as well on 2k Forums..

I'm disappointed in this post and all the negativity on the forum since release

I played last night, and can't play now.

- Social Policy Tree is stupid
- AI is terrible (both battle and diplomacy)
- Production takes too long
- Ugly, bland graphics (rivers and trading posts, nuff said)
- No religion (well we knew this for a long time, but still)

I'm not disappointed at all.

i'm mostly disappointed in the reaction from FEW people on the forums. Majority of players are really happy.

I'm pretty happy with the game. It's a fun and very streamlined combination between Civ and Advance Wars, two of my favorite games. Plenty of bugs, sure, but those will be fixed. Just like they did for earlier Civ versions.

Hmm, I'm sure there's something.

Oh yeah! Um... I dislike how ... uh, I forgot it again. I dislike how ... uh ... I don't like how the advisors are stupid and ugly looking.

You cant really be happy when AI likes to put his cities 10000 miles away one tile away from the coast and river or never un-puppets a city even after it becomes his only city. I even had Washington declare war on me after he was reduced to his single Indian puppet city, which he never annexed for the remainder of the game.

+ 50 turns after a peace treaty I finally notice I am still at war with 2 city states (Complaint: UI could show much more info)

Let me paraphrase that I do like the game. It's just... I'm a little disappointed that it wasn't the game I expected. I mean they called it a Civ sequel, I was expecting to have to play the deep politics game to play people against each other, get my leg up on research, on those vital goods, manage an empire, etc etc.

It doesn't feel like a civ sequel, it feels like a war strategy game. The empire management exists to support your war effort. It's not that you do war to help your civilization be successful, its that you run your civilization to make your war successful. Not quite what I wanted.

The diplomacy game feels very weird, random at best. It feels like it exists solely as a reason to not be at war with everyone at once and only a few at a time if you can manage it a little. The people have no sort of continuity or rationality. They'll randomly team up and go war with you even if its obvious they're going to be beaten badly, and even if they've been cooperating with you in research and friendly relations. Like I said, it's just a means to pacing the combat, and that's it.

So! If you like the war strategy game, you'll like it. If you don't like simulating an empire, trying to tweak different stuff, you'll like it.

And I find it fun for now, but it's already getting a little old. The combat is much improved and kinda fun, but it doesn't change much, keep your empire as efficient as possible to pump out the strong units you can manage.

I see people saying the game is too simple, not too easy.

Hello everyone. I havent been on these forums form a VERY long time. :)

I am disapointed because i can't play Civ5 for at least a week or so. I am so busy with work i don't want to buy it now, else i won't be able to stop myself from playing and i will miss my current project deadline.

Also if religion and random events are truly gone, i think i'd miss these too.

HF guys and see ya on september 30+, i hope we will have as much fun with forum activities with Civ5 as we did with Civ4. :)

Top Bottom