1000 things Civilization 5 has taught us

Apparently;

It can take over 10 years to cross the range of a longbow.

Discovering all social policies lets you build that utopia project and win a cultural victory - yet almost all developed civs have already discovered all the social policies (otherwise why would the game developers know about them and put them in the game?), so maybe all the civs today are rushing to build one.

Swordsmen can throw torches high enough to hit jet fighters and said torches are some sort of fusion powered devices that can take out jet fighters.

That Alexander must have been fretting in Babylon, when he heard the news that Macedonia has stopped producing and procreating because he's expanding too fast.

And colonial era England must have had to cover their island with colosseums before going on to conquer half the planet. With 15 units.

They should have just stayed home - they'd have got more golden ages.

1. The smaller a nation is the more culturally/socially advanced it is.
2. Americans can see further than other people.
3. All communities in the country are equally happy at all times.
4. Germans can kill an infidel and bring them back to life as part of their military
5. Likewise, Ottomans can convert pirate ships to the empire
6. If you have a lot of money, you can become head of the U.N.
7. Science is primarily a function of population rather than education.
8. Roads must only go directly to major cities. Towns and villages are never connected to roads.
9. Japanese people are just as powerful when they dying as they are when they are healthy.
10. The Great Wall of China was meant to slow people down inside the walls. It didn't work.
11. Artists can annex territory from other nations.
12. Navies were an insignificant part of history.
13. Factories are a drain on the economy.
14. People never get sick.
15. Russians can magically double their natural resources.
16. English Longbowmen could fire well into France from London.
17. It took ancient civilizations hundreds of years to train their first soldiers and scouts.
18. If I'm unhappy it's because there's either too many people in the world or too many cities.
19. A nation can make more money training workers and then firing them than it can "building wealth"

19. A nation can make more money training workers and then firing them than it can "building wealth"

Lol. Serious? Will have to do that. :lol:

1.) You can apparently fly in space, land on the moon and colonize new planets, without knowing how combustion works.
2.) Fishing with your bare hands is just as effective as using fishing boats and nets. You just make more money by catching them from a boat.
3.) Oil in lakes can never be extracted.
4.) Paratroopers can take off from anywhere, as long as its within your borders.
5.) AA guns are limited to killing three fighters or one bomber pr year, after that its tea time and they just sit back and relax.

5.) AA guns are limited to killing three fighters or one bomber pr year, after that its tea time and they just sit back and relax.

Sounds reasonable. Us Brits couldn't have got through WW2 without a good brew-up every half hour or so, could we now?

after my first with emperor difficulty, civ V taught me how to destroy a leading nation with just 1 treb 1 longswordman, and 1 musketeer.

somehow with their 708billion dollar 2010 budget the pentagon has figured out how to upgrade units for half price. probably by outsourcing to mexico.

Civ 5 taught me that nobody will share their drawings with you, ever. (No map-sharing is simply high-larious.)

It taught me that, ultimately, everybody is just waiting to attack me... even my most trusted allies. In fact, especially them.

I also learned that change is not always a good thing. In fact, changing a winning solution is the worst possible thing you can do. On a related note, I also learned that you can still make millions in spite of this.

It would be a huge stretch to call Paris Hilton a "great person". What would she be? A great artist? No, she barely made any songs or paintings or anything like that. Great engineer or science? No, she probably barely knows much about engineering or science (no offense to her). A great general? No, she probably doesn't know what supply lines are.

Justin Bieber you could make a case for being a great artist, but quite frankly most of today's celebrities aren't that great.

You are forgetting the movie :p

It taught me that:
1. pigs dont exist.
2. Rice doesnt exists.
3. A civilization shouldnt build farms, just became an ally with a maritime state.
4. Rifleman / tanks / Paratroopes etc... all use knifes. Rifles ? nah...
5. Iron? Its just needed for catapults and swordsman.

The illuminati exists, as a world council that periodically singles out advanced nations, embargoes them and engages them in massive handicapped wars.

That happiness is the only thing that matters and that people have infinite life expectancy and massive resistance to diseases

Top Bottom