1. Firaxis celebrates the "Asian American and Pacific Islander Heritage Month", and offers a give-away of a Civ6 anthology copy (5 in total)! For all the details, please check the thread here. .
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Old World has finally been released on GOG and Steam, besides also being available in the Epic store . Come to our Old World forum and discuss with us!
    Dismiss Notice

1000 ways you know you played Alpha Centauri too much!

Discussion in 'Alpha Centauri' started by Highgeneral, Nov 17, 2003.

1. Bandobras Took

Bandobras Took Emperor

I can't believe it's not here yet . . .

638: For You Have Tasted The Fungus.

2. Darsnan

Darsnan Emperor

639: every now and again you click on the AlphaHQ website link which came with SMAC to see where it will take you, and this time you are appalled (Appalled I tell you!) that its now some sort of Japanese teenage dating site. :vomit:

Seriously, I think we need to have Sister Miriam issue a fatwa against the Japanese for this.

D

3. sorcdk

sorcdk Chieftain

640: You think it must be a mistake that you were able to read all of this thread.
    641: You are sad when you have finished reading the wiki, again.
    642: You passionately theory craft on the tech path, even though you have no-one to tell it to.

4. gnuneo

gnuneo Chieftain

643: You idly wonder if Frontier could be convinced to code an addition to the upcoming Elite Odyssey, where the events of Pandora can be played out as a first person sim.
    644: You really do know that the drones need you still.
    645: You respect the original developers for not placing all vehicle upgrades behind real money micropayments.
    646: You are terrified that future developers will read that and think it's a brilliant idea.
    647: There is a strange sense of unity with the mod who defended the last base with all their might.

5. Jarek Noschese

Jarek Noschese Warlord

40. You try to get a specific result from the game all of the time when you live in an upbringing as crummy as mine. (i.e. Believers-minded home when you know that the University is literally 10,000x superior) [Therefore, you begin to wonder if you can really, in fact, be the rightful ruler when you're as literally TRAPPED as I am; despite having Vendetta against your utterly crud youthhood.]

Also, Nerve Stapling is an Atrocity under the UN Charter. Now like, please don't do it if you want to keep your Integrity intact; like I do.

[Welcome to the Promethean Viral Era (Earth-style), folks.]

6. BGMS

BGMS Chieftain

649 You play the same start savegame over and over again, because you managed to have a rainy Garland Crater as your starting point.

7. Jarek Noschese

Jarek Noschese Warlord

I have another one: you believe the game's events will come to pass IRL.